Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Review: Geared for the Grave by Duffy Brown (A Cycle Path Mystery, #1)


Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
Paperback

Publisher:
Berkley Prime Crime Mystery

Release Date:
December 2014





Evie Bloomfields takes a trip to Mackinac Island in Michigan to help her boss’s father, Rudy. Rudy owns a local bike shop, but broke his leg and needs all the help he can get. If Evie does this for her boss, she figures it helps her chances for a promotion.

Evie is stunned when she finds out there are no vehicles on the island. The popular mode of transportation is the bicycle. She begins to wonder if Mackinac Island was a good choice for her. When a wealthy citizen dies in an “accident”, Rudy is arrested for the crime. Evie is sure her promotion is in jeopardy as long as Rudy is in jail. Besides, she doesn’t believe he did it. Unsure of who exactly did do the deed, Evie sets up her own investigation not only to save Rudy’s life, but to save her chances of getting a job promotion.

What a great cast of the quirkiest characters you’ll ever read about. Each one has their own story to tell with both drama and humor. There’s some romance mixed in with the mystery to give readers a fun, exciting, romantic mystery to sink their teeth into. Everyone should take advantage of an armchair visit to beautiful Mackinac Island. Great idea to set the book in a real live location. I felt as if I was right on the island with Evie searching for clues.

I adore Duffy Brown’s “Consignment Shop Mystery” series and this one is equally as wonderful. It’s off to an excellent start and I’m already looking forward to the next one.




FTC Disclosure: The publisher/author provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.


8 comments:

  1. I read the title wrong first , but then I got it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Geared for Grave is lots of fun on Mackinac Island. Enjoy and thanks for stopping by. Hugs, Duffy

      Delete
  2. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. I so want to read this book. Mackinac Island sounds like the perfect place for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Vicki. Mackinac is a great place to relax, eat fudge, ride bikes and maybe hide a body or two. LOL.
      Hugs, Duffy

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Havea wonderful 2015 Diane and Yvonne! Life’s a mystery… Enjoy!
      Hugs, Duffy

      Delete
  4. Happy Holidays :) I haven't read any Christmas books lately, I'm glad you enjoyed this one though.

    Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Benish. Hope you get a chance to visit Mackinac. It’s an amazing island. Hugs, Duffy

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.