Friday, December 20, 2019

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56 - December 20th




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.






I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader.


I hope I'll have a chance to start this one soon.  It sounds like a good book for this time of year.





Beginnings...

Sara Garland stared at the peppermint candy cane sticking out of the mouth of a grotesque snowman. Shielding her eyes against the icy wind, she cautiously pushed her way through ankle deep snow, which was filled with dark shadows emanating from the tall trees looming overhead like white and green icicles frozen in time.

From 56% on my e-reader...

Before responding, Sarah paused and allowed the warm environment of the department store to soothe her.





4 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds like a fun read! I added you ti the linky. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That beginning sounds a bit ominous! It seems like it would be difficult to make a snowman grotesque. I have so many questions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this on my wish list but I probably won't get to it for a while. I need to join into this meme again. Been some time now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.