Thursday, December 26, 2019

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56 - December 27th




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.






I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader.


I hope I'll have a chance to start this one soon.  It looks really good and exciting.





Beginnings...

The good thing about being suddenly overcome with fresh terror is that you forget everything else you were afraid of. At least temporarily.

The pilot next to me in the two-seat prop plane angled his almost toothless grin in my direction and said loudly, "A little bumpy today. You'll get used to it."

I doubted that, but I was too scared to respond.


From 56% on my e-reader...

"He will be found and taken care of."










7 comments:

  1. Now I'm curious! Thanks for sharing, and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that beginning, it pulls you in. I also love that intriguing 56! Sounds like my kind of read. Wishing you the best for 2020!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does sound intriguing. Have a happy 2020!

      Delete
  3. Ha, I love that beginning! I can also soooo relate. I'm terrified of flying. xD Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my Friday post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just wanted to let you know that I tried to post on your Friday post but it wasn't showing. Maybe it went to a spam folder. I'm not sure, but I didn't want you to think I missed your post. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. I think I would be terrified too. Bumpy airplane rides make me start praying. My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.