Thursday, October 9, 2008

Booking Through Thursday




What was the last book you bought?
Playing Dead by Allison Brennan


Name a book you have read MORE than once
I have too many books to re-read anything.


Has a book ever fundamentally changed the way you see life? If yes, what was it?
I can't think of anything.


How do you choose a book? eg. by cover design and summary, recommendations or reviews
It's a combination of things for me. I base it on recommendations, the synopsis of the book and sometimes the author. I have a few author auto-buys. I rarely ever base my decision on the cover design or reviews (unless the reviewer is someone who usually shares the same interests in books that I do).


Do you prefer Fiction or Non-Fiction?
Fiction


What’s more important in a novel - beautiful writing or a gripping plot?
A gripping plot.


Most loved/memorable character (character/book)
I guess it would be Stephanie Plum from Janet Evanovich's series.


Which book or books can be found on your nightstand at the moment?
Back to Life by Kristin Billerbeck (Book #2 of The Trophy Wives series)


What was the last book you’ve read, and when was it?
The Bachelor's Cat by L.F. Hoffman - just a couple of days ago.


Have you ever given up on a book half way in?
I've wanted to, but I force myself to finish ever book I start. It wastes time, I know, but it's what I do.


4 comments:

  1. I also hate to give up on a book but there was at least one I couldn't finish...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Trophy Wives yet, but it looks like a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie Plum is rather memorable. :-) I'm a big fan of her grandmother, moreso though. I can't get enough of Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate giving up on books too! I almost never do, especially not fiction.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.