Thursday, October 30, 2008

Booking Through Thursday



Mariel suggested this week’s question.


Are you a spine breaker? Or a dog-earer? Do you expect to keep your books in pristine condition even after you have read them? Does watching other readers bend the cover all the way round make you flinch or squeal in pain?



My Answer:


After I finish reading a book, it still looks like it's in mint condition. Sometimes I'd trade the books away and people would tell me it looks as if I haven't even read it yet. Once in a while, if a cover or page accidentally bends, I admit that I do cringe. Recently at an airport I saw someone reading and they had folded the book back which would have broken the spine and I was horrified. It took everything I had not to say something. LOL






7 comments:

  1. HAHA, I won't let you watch me read a book then!! :)

    My books are not in bad shape, and if they are brand new when I get them, they will still look brand new after, for the most part :)

    Happy BTT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had fellow Paperback Swappers tell me that it looked as though my books hadn't been read, too. I have a bookmark collection that I started when I was a teenager. I've had friends going on trips ask me what I wanted them to bring back for me, and I've told them bookmarks. Low cost, easy transport, and interesting additions to my collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha! That is funny. I have a friend just like you. Before I had kids, she would lend me books because she could be reasonably assured they would be returned mint. But now that she's seen what a curious toddler can do....

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of my books don't look like they've been read.

    I have two book giveaways going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even reading the word "dogear" makes my teeth clench. Yow! A definite no no.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I try to avoid doing irreversible damage to mine but it doesn't bother me that much. Have to admit though, it's nice when the spines on my shelves aren't too beat up. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. then I guess you wouldnt want to watch me read...lol
    I tend to fold paperbacks back when I read them.
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.