Saturday, July 9, 2016

Review: The Castaways by Elin Hilderbrand


Genre:
Women’s Fiction

Format:
Audio

Publisher:
Hachette Audio

Release Date:
June 2010









Synopsis from Goodreads:

Greg and Tess MacAvoy are one of four prominent Nantucket couples who count each other as best friends. As pillars of their close-knit community, the MacAvoys, Kapenashes, Drakes, and Wheelers are important to their friends and neighbors, and especially to each other. But just before the beginning of another idyllic summer, Greg and Tess are killed when their boat capsizes during an anniversary sail. As the warm weather approaches and the island mourns their loss, nothing can prepare the MacAvoy's closest friends for what will be revealed.

Once again, Hilderbrand masterfully weaves an intense tale of love and loyalty set against the backdrop of endless summer island life.

My Review

Another intriguing beach read from Elin Hilderbrand. Listening or reading her books always puts me in the summer mood. This one is about a group of married friends dealing with the loss of one of the couples.

The story is filled with secrets, shocks and emotions. Hilderbrand definitely knows how to keep the readers interest with many twists and turns along the way.  She, also, knows exactly how to transport the reader to Nantucket.  Someday I want to visit.

Listening on audio makes for a great diversion to my job commute.



For reading challenges:
I Love Libraries Reading Challenge 2016
Women’s Fiction Reading Challenge 2016

Disclosure: I borrowed this audio from the library. All opinions expressed are my own.

3 comments:

  1. I keep saying that I should try one of her books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this book. To be honest, I can't remember is I read it or not. Too many books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed listening to this, Yvonne. You (almost) make me long for a longer commute to work. I am definitely interested in this author's work. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.