Saturday, July 2, 2016

Review: Linny’s Sweet Dream List by Susan Schild


Genre:
Women’s Fiction, Romance

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
Lyrical Press, Inc.

Release Date:
January 2016






Synopsis from Goodreads:

Set in the off-beat Southern town of Willow Hill, North Carolina, Susan Schild’s moving and witty novel tells of one woman who loses everything—and finds more than she ever expected.

At thirty-eight, Linny Taylor is suddenly living a life she thought only happened to other, more careless people. Widowed for the second time, and broke, thanks to her cheating late husband, Linny has no house, no job, and no options except to go back home. There, in a trailer as run down as her self-esteem, Linny makes a list of things that might bring happiness. A porch swing. A job that nourishes her heart as well as her bank balance. Maybe even a date or two.

At first, every goal seems beyond reach. But it’s hard for Linny to stay in the doldrums when a stray puppy is coercing her out of her shell—right into the path of the town’s kind, compassionate vet. The quirky town is filled with friends and family, including Linny’s mother, Dottie, who knows more about heartache than her daughters ever guessed. And as Linny contemplates each item on her list, she begins to realize that the dreams most worth holding on to can only be measured in the sweetness of a life lived to the fullest…

My Review

Linny Taylor can’t believe all the difficulties being thrown her way. She loved her first husband with all her heart. She had been devastated when he died after a spider bite. Then, her second husband died but his passing confirmed what a mistake her second marriage had been. After he died, while cheating with a much younger woman, Linny had been left penniless. Then, to top it all off, she gets fired from a job she loved.

Linny is determined to start over and finds herself living in the small town of Willow Hill, North Carolina near her mother and sister. She cleans out her mother’s old trailer and tries to make it a home. It helps when she discovers a stray puppy also looking to start over in a new home. When she brings the puppy to the local vet,  the sparks immediately fly between Linny and the handsome doctor.

It’s a struggle for Linny, but she has no intentions of giving up on her dreams. It’s hard for her to trust men and even harder to get her stalled career moving again. As she tries to set her life in order, she discovers her family has some deep, dark secrets of their own.

This is Linny’s story. It’s about her struggles and journey for a better life. Readers will cry and laugh along with her as she tries to reinvent herself. It’s a poignant, heartwarming story.

The characters are all well developed.  The author transports you right to the small North Carolina town. There’s a sequel coming out next month and I’m looking forward to reading that one too.



For reading challenges:
Blogger Shame Reading Challenge 2016
Women’s Fiction Reading Challenge 2016
NetGalley and Edelweiss Reading Challenge 2016

FTC Disclosure: The author and NetGalley provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.

4 comments:

  1. Loving the cover! I think I'll need to ad this to my tb ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so good! I'm checking to see if my library has it. If not, I'll put in a purchase suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you enjoyed my book, Yvone, and I hope your readers love it!
    Susan Schild

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.