Thursday, July 28, 2016

Review: Crazy Little Thing by Tracy Brogan


Genre:
Women’s Fiction, Chick Lit

Format:
Audio

Publisher:
Brilliance Audio

Release Date:
October 2012







Synopsis from Goodreads

If Sadie Turner is good at anything, it's putting stuff in order. So when she finds her perfect life in disarray, she hopes a summer vacation at her aunt's lake house will help her piece it back together. She wants to relax, reboot, and heal the wounds left by her cheating ex-husband. And that requires time away from men. All men. Or so she thinks. With two slobbering dogs and two cousins living there one a flamboyant decorator intent on making over Sadie it's hard to get a moment's peace at eccentric Aunt Dody's house, especially with everyone so determined to set her up with Desmond, the sexy new neighbor. Desmond is Sadie's worst nightmare. Tall, tanned, muscular and to top it off, he's great with her kids. But he must have a flaw he's a man so Sadie vows to keep her distance. As summer blazes on, the life Sadie is trying so hard to simplify only becomes more complicated a new career presents itself, her evil ex haunts her, and Aunt Dody reveals a tragic secret but maybe a little chaos is just what Sadie needs to get her life back in order.

My Review

This is the first book I’ve read by this author. I listened to it on audio and it made for very easy listening. I enjoyed the narrator’s voice with one exception. Her voice for Aunt Dody was a bit hard for me to take at times. Other than that, the narrator made me feel like I was in the middle of Sadie’s crazy life with a cast filled with quirkiness.

There were a couple of times I thought Sadie was a bit immature and jumped to conclusions about Desmond way too fast, but overall I liked her. The author has a flair with creating and developing each character. Sadie’s Aunt Dody is the perfect eccentric character to keep Sadie on her toes, while Sadie’s ex is someone readers will want to slap. I know I did.

The ending is emotional, sweet and fun all at the same time. I didn’t realize this is part of a series, but fortunately it is the first book. I’m already listening to the second.




I borrowed this through Kindle Unlimited. All opinions expressed are my own.


1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.