Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Can't Wait Wednesday - June 28th



This meme is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings.

Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted here to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they're books that have yet to be released as well. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine. Find out more here.


This is the first in a brand new cozy mystery series...a haunted library?  Sounds perfect to me :)



Synopsis from Goodreads:

Carrie Singleton is just about done with Clover Ridge, Connecticut until she's offered a job as the head of programs and events at the spooky local library, complete with its own librarian ghost. Her first major event is a program presented by a retired homicide detective, Al Buckley, who claims he knows who murdered Laura Foster, a much-loved part-time library aide who was bludgeoned to death fifteen years earlier. As he invites members of the audience to share stories about Laura, he suddenly keels over and dies.

The medical examiner reveals that poison is what did him in and Carrie feels responsible for having surged forward with the program despite pushback from her director. Driven by guilt, Carrie's determined to discover who murdered the detective, convinced it's the same man who killed Laura all those years ago. Luckily for Carrie, she has a friendly, knowledgeable ghost by her side. But as she questions the shadows surrounding Laura's case, disturbing secrets come to light and with each step Carrie takes, she gets closer to ending up like Al.

Now it's due or die for Carrie in Death Overdue, the delightful first in a new cozy series by Allison Brook.


Genre: Cozy Mystery, #1 A Haunted Library Mystery
Publisher: Crooked Lane Books
Release date: October 10, 2017

11 comments:

  1. OMG! A haunted library - sounds perfect. Thanks for sharing and it's going straight on the TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds pretty interesting! I've seen a lot of books lately that center around libraries. Great choice!

    My CWW: http://tsundokubooks.blogspot.com/2017/06/cww-unearthed.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yvonne & Tressa,
    Thank you so much for featuring DEATH OVERDUE, my newest mystery, on Can't-Wait Wednesday today! It was a fun book to write.

    Marilyn/Allison

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds perfect. Just added it to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm super excited about this one too! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! This sounds like an interesting read!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.