Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Saturday Pet Blogger Hop


I found this great Pet Blogger Hop that I thought looked like fun. It's hosted every Saturday by Two Little Cavaliers.

My pet story this week...I have a new kitty! I don't have any pictures to share yet...right now she won't come out of the closet.

She's a beautiful 2 year old - all gray with beautiful huge green eyes. We set her up in her own room for now. She hasn't been introduced to Cookie and Socrates yet. They don't even seem to realize there's another kitty in the house.

The newbie, as yet unnamed, we figure something will come to us when we see her interact (she will interact, won't she?). We've tried to lure her out of the closet with a feather toy but, so far, no luck.

Anyone have any suggestions? Should we just be patient and let nature take its course? We can use all the help we can get.


And here's Cookie on her new window perch...not a care in the world!





12 comments:

  1. Congrats on adopting a new kitty! I'm sure she will interact with your two kitties in no time but it's good that you are letting her get familiar with one room at a time.
    How about the name "Cream" to compliment your Cookie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First, I want her to interact with me. The other two don't even seem to notice her.

      Cream is cute...I will add that to the list of names I'm keeping as things come to me :)

      Delete
  2. Cookie looks like she's living the good life.

    And congrats in the kitty! I'm sure she'll 'tell' you her name soon enough :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Cookie is one happy kitty :)

      I'm sure she'll let us know but I hope it's soon "Hey you!" won't work. LOL

      Delete
  3. Cookie looks very content on her new perch.

    Congrats on the newest addition to the family!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suko. I'll just be happy when she comes out and lets me know she's happy to be here.

      Delete
  4. Just have a lot of patience. Next give her a whole room of her own---then maybe put up a baby gate so she can see out and the other cats can look in and smell a little. I find it usually takes a couple weeks for interaction to really start with a new cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We gave her a room of her own for now. We do have a baby gate, but we are going to wait a few more days before we put that up and let her meet the others. We want to take this slow.

      Delete
  5. it differs personality to personality. we all adapted at different rates - that's for sure! concats on your new family member!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, it definitely differs for everyone whether they are kitties or humans.

      Delete
  6. Cookie looks so content. And I'm sure your new baby will start coming out as soon as she feels safe. It takes a while especially with other animal scents in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for new kitty cats. I say she'll come out when she is ready, and then I want photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.