Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Impeccable Petunia by Katie Christine and Jonathan Edward




Genre:
Young Adult, Fiction, Children, Fantasy

Format:
EBook

Publisher:
Amazon Digital Services, Inc.

Release Date:
May 2012



Petunia is a chicken with a heart. She wants nothing more than to fit in with the other chickens, but thanks to jealousy and betrayal, she isn’t accepted. The one who does accept her is a human woman. They develop a strong friendship, even if they don’t completely understand each other. (Petunia does not speak the human language.)

Petunia finds herself in some of the strangest and most difficult situations including tangling with a jealous chicken, a fox and a mischievous gray cat. With the help of her friends, Petunia tries to hold on and find her own place without getting physically hurt in the process.

I didn’t know what to expect when I read this book, but I absolutely adored it. It’s cute and even has some adventure and danger tossed in to leave readers chewing on their fingernails.  It's charming, sweet and highly entertaining.

I read this on my Kindle Fire and the drawings are magnificent. The colors were so vibrant. The story itself is beautifully written and fast-paced. This isn’t just a children’s book. I think adults would enjoy this too. I know I did and I normally don’t read books like this but I’m glad I read this one.

The book actually ended with a cliffhanger. I want to read the rest of this series…NOW!


5 out of 5 kitties!



FTC Disclosure: The author provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.

2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.