Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter Tuesdays - July 1st


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week, I'm reading...


Once upon a time, I'd imagined my adulthood would include a bright purple bicycle, a daily dish of ice cream, hair that would do whatever I wanted it to, and lots of books.

Fast-forward to my present age of thirty-three. These days, my bicycle was a silvery green, my ice cream had turned into fruits and vegetables, and my black curly hair still refused to obey any command I gave it.




What do you think? Would you continue reading?

24 comments:

  1. Lol
    When it comes to hair business, nothing goes right.

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, sounds familiar. Love the cover too. Mine is a travel log by Nellie Bly--but now I wish it was comic, lol. http://wp.me/pZnGI-8U

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my hair will never do what I want, which is why I've stopped demanding anything from it! I hope from the intro that at least she got loads of books! Thanks for sharing :) Hope you have a great week!
    My Intro & Teaser
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  4. Promising beginning...I want to know more about this character and would keep reading.

    My Tuesday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/07/first-chapter-first-paragraph-67-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the letdown adulthood can bring. Haha! Great teaser! Here's my Teaser Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopefully she at least has lots of books. :-) This sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think when I want to mix it up with a cozy that that title would be for me! Cats, books, a woman who watches her weight and struggles with hair, ha. Thanks, I think I will pick this up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, what disappointments we find in adulthood! Thanks for sharing...and I want to read this one.

    Here's mine: THE FROM-AWAYS



    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like a delightful book. Is anybody satisfied with their hair? Yes, I'll definitely read this one.
    My Teaser is from THE FRIENDSHIP STAR QUILT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun!

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2014/07/teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. def, keep reading =) too fun - I bet she's got the books part down =)
    I've posted for today's release of #3 Drew Farthering mysteries MURDER AT THE MIKADO

    ReplyDelete
  12. great opening--sometimes life just isn't what we expect when we are young. I'm curious as to how her life will change in this book. Enjoy. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like me LOL. A very cosy read I imagine, and I would read on.
    Peggy @ The Pegster Reads

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL sounds like a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, I would continue reading it :)

    My TT is here:
    http://newhorizonreviews.blogspot.com/2014/07/teaser-tuesdays-is-weekly-bookish-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would definitely keep reading! Sounds like fun. My teasers are from Shield of Winter by Nalini Singh and Midnight Thief by Livia Blackburne. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would continue reading. This sounds like my life. Thanks for sharing. Here is My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, so many good stories start out with "once upon a time" so I'm already biased toward reading this book. Thanks for bring it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the narrator's sense of humor and will keep reading. Here's mine http://www.lovebitesandsilk.co.uk/2014/07/teasertuesday-opening-paragraph-kairos.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the excerpt! It's nice to know I'm not the only one whose hair still won't do what I want it too! I will definitely plan on picking up this book!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.