Monday, July 21, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter Tuesdays - July 22nd

Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week, I'm reading...


Lila Mae Alcott sat in her sitting room in front of her computer. She jotted notes on a slip of paper, then logged off and stood. Louie, Lila Mae's fluffy, champagne-colored Tibetan spaniel jumped out of his dog bed, ready for action.

"Come on, Louie," Lila Mae said. "We've got to talk to Amelia about this." They headed through the master bedroom, down the stairs and into the kitchen.

Amelia Martinez, Lila Mae's devoted housekeeper, cook extraordinaire and confidant was reading The Houston Chronicle at the kitchen island. "Hey, boss," she said. "Don't bother with the paper today...there's no happy news to report."


What do you think? Would you continue reading?

22 comments:

  1. Sounds good to me, plus I grew up in Houston.

    Mine is at http://wp.me/pZnGI-9M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I';d read the blurbs on the cover to find out more about the book first. Is it a mystery? Those look like blood stains on the rolling pin!
    Harvee
    Book Dilettante

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd read on.. I find cozies are great interludes when reading heavier / longer books
    Mine's here

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, definitely! Love the sound of this one and how we are introduced to the main character...and the cat, as well as the housekeeper. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine: “ KATWALK”

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Don't bother with the paper today...there's no happy news to report."

    Ha ha! That's pretty much how I feel every morning when reading the world news.

    If I Stay | Gayle Forman

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cover and the teaser sets a lot up. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. From the title, I thought it would be about chocolate... it appears there is a lot more to it than that. Thanks for sharing, Yvonne.

    Here's my TT post for this week. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds interesting. :)

    Stormi
    http://www.booksmoviesreviewsohmy.com/tuesday-teaser-9/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoy escaping with cozy mysteries, and this sounds like a good one. I'd keep reading.
    My Teaser is from KEEPING FAITH.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would read on. Looks like a mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would definitely go on reading, just to find out what she needs to consult Amelia about. Nice teaser. Hope you enjoy the book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yup, I would continue reading. Nice book cover.
    Check out my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am assuming this is a cozy, and by the looks of the blood, a mystery. A good beginning, and I would hope to read more to get a feel for the plot. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. When is there any happy news? Great teaser here is mine http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/07/22/teaser-tuesday-july-22/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like the sound of this one. I want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the title, and would certainly like to know what she was researching online. Mine should look familiar to you this week: Mr. Monk Gets on Board

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cheeky comment to give someone reading the paper. LOL There's never much good news in news.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the cover, sounds interesting, I would continue.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cool cover and an intro that makes me want to read more. enjoy and thanks for joining us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never heard of this series before, so I'm definitely curious as to how it may or may not relate to the actual Alcott Family, that would be the deciding factor for me. Hope you are enjoying it though! My Teaser.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.