Monday, July 14, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter Tuesdays - July 15th


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week, I'm reading...


March

This Monday in March, an ordinary day for most people, was the happiest day of Coleman Greene's life.

Everyone she liked best had gathered to celebrate with her. Long before she bought ArtSmart, her first magazine, she'd dreamed of owning a family of publications - perhaps ten, or even more. Today, with the acquisition of First Home, she - Coleman Greene, thirty-three years old, with financial help from her brother - was a step closer to making that dream come true. In the five years she'd owned ArtSmart, she'd changed it from a dowdy flop into the most successful art magazine in New York. She'd do even better with First Home. And then onto the next one.

What do you think? Would you continue reading?

22 comments:

  1. Eh...not sure on that one. I'd need to know more about it. I've been reading some slightly older cozies lately -- My teaser: A Parfait Murder

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! I usually like ambitious girl stories. Hope the rest is as good as the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...that's a different kind of beginning. I guess I'll have to read a bit more to see if it's my kind of book.

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Because it involves the publishing world, I'd likely keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I would continue reading.
    My thoughts: We should all go after our dreams.

    My TT is here:
    http://newhorizonreviews.blogspot.com/2014/07/teaser-tuesdays-is-weekly-bookish-meme_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds interesting. Hope she isn't "biting off more than she can chew", to quote my mother. I will wait to see what you think before I continue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the intro and the cover, so I'd keep reading.

    My Tuesday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/07/first-chapter-first-paragraph-69-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. No too sure about this one. It hasn't really caught my interest. I hope you enjoy it though!
    Today I’m featuring Losing Touch by Sandra Hunter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Was curious about the "Fatal" in the title and looked it up. I'm always game to try a new mystery series. My TTs are usually mysteries, but this week it is non-fiction: Letters from Africa 1914 – 1931 by Isak Dinesen (Karen Blixen) at http://wp.me/pZnGI-9x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like it would be an interesting read, Yvonne! I hope you are enjoying it. I'd keep reading. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. She has what I would love to have as my future! Although I don't know a lot about magazine editing and publishing I'd love to work in the industry although it takes a lot of determination! I hope you enjoy the rest of this one :) Thank for sharing!My Intro
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, it talks about a woman controlling magazine publications which is always an interestng topic. I would keep reading..Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the sound of this one...I adore magazines, and my home is full of them, so you can tell! I'll be watching for your review.

    Here's mine: “BIG LITTLE LIES”

    ReplyDelete
  14. sounds like she's off to a successful career. I think the book sounds good, I hope you enjoy it and have a great day. Kelley at the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh, I definitely would keep reading

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2014/07/teaser-tuesday-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like she is getting everything she wants, but I am sure the price to be paid is coming... I just wonder what it is. Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds good, I would keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd keep reading, but I'm curious ... what genre is it? The title makes me think it's a murder mystery, but the opening makes me think it's women's fiction.
    My Teaser Tuesday excerpt is from HEARTS IN RUIN.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would probably keep going. I like that she's a woman who owns multiple businesses and is successful. Great choice!

    Here's my TT!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm not sure it is really my type of read. I hope you are enjoying it. Here is my TT http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/07/15/teaser-tuesday-july-15/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.