Thursday, July 19, 2018

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56 - July 20th




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.






I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader.


This week I'm reading and loving this book...


Beginnings...

Thursday, March 3, 1949

After extensive research and considerable internal deliberation, Charlotte had submitted employment applications to five advertising agencies, their prestigious footings in Madison Avenue's most glimmering and stalwart buildings having nothing to do with her choices. Four rejected her expeditiously.

Friday 56...

From 56% on my Kindle...

Charlotte felt like a bully had just hurled a rock at her eye. Almost felt a physical jolt.



6 comments:

  1. This book is showing up everywhere, so I am definitely intrigued. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “ALL YOUR PERFECTS”

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book is new to me. I hope you enjoy it. This week I have Murder, She Reported by Peg Cochran - a nice historical mystery. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm quite intrigued. Sounds like a great story. I added you to the Linky. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came across this a little while ago and it sounds like a good summer read. I hope you enjoy it:)

    My Friday 56 from The Haunted Forest Tour

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds so good - thanks for sharing it with me! :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that beginning -- it puts you right into the story and I want to know more.

    Thanks for posting in Book Beginnings on Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.