Tuesday, July 24, 2018

First Chapter Tuesday/Teaser Tuesday - July 25th


Every Tuesday Vicki at I'd Rather Be At the Beach hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, now being hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This is one I've been wanting to read for years and I decided to pull it up on my e-reader. I haven't started it yet, but I intend to. It's the second book in Joanne Fluke's Hannah Swensen cozy mystery series. I've been watching the movies on the Hallmark Channel, so it's put me in the mood to read it. I will soon...




First Chapter...

The sound of a crash startled Hannah Swensen awake. It was the middle of the night, she lived alone, and someone was in her condo. She sat up and grabbed the first thing handy, her goose-down pillow, before her sleep-numbed mind realized that it wasn't a very effective weapon. She had to wake up and take action. Then she heard a second noise, coming from the direction of her kitchen. The intruder was dragging something across the linoleum floor.

Teaser...

Delores believed that a woman who was almost thirty and still unmarried just wasn't trying hard enough.


What do you think? Would you keep reading?


9 comments:

  1. I love the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries series with Hannah Swensen...but I've only read one of the books. I'm adding this one to my list.

    Here's mine: “THE DATE”

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been meaning to read this series for years. I finally put the first one on my reading calendar so that I won't keep ignoring the series. This week I am featuring A Double Life by Flynn Berry. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read anything in this series yet. It will be a while before I get to it. Glad you seem to be enjoying it. My Teaser comes from an urban fantasy this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read this series. I didn't know the movies were on Halmark, I'll have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one looks like fun! My TT this week is a colony world adventure. https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2018/07/24/teaser-tuesday-24th-july-2018-brainfluffbookblog-teasertuesday/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree this one looks fun! Cute cover, made me hungry. But I like the way the knife cuts into the cake with a serious tinge :)

    Here is mine: http://bit.ly/BlackChamber I'm late posting today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed this book. I made the chocolate covered cherry delights from one of her books this weekend. Yummy! See what I'm featuring at Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.