Monday, June 19, 2023

First Chapter, First Paragraph, Tuesday Intros - June 20th



It's Tuesday!  It's time to share your excerpts and teasers from books we are currently reading, have read or are planning to read.  So, feel free to join us by sharing the first paragraph or (a few) of a book you are reading or thinking about reading soon.  This meme is guaranteed to increase your TBR :)



Please link your blog post using Mr. Linky below. Make sure the link you enter is the direct link to your Tuesday post, not the main link to your blog. Thank you!



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, now being hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


* Grab your current read

* Open to a random page

* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



This week I'm reading an upcoming entry into one of my favorite cozy mystery series.  The excerpts are from the  E-ARC. 





First Chapter

I frowned at Melba Gilley, my coworker and longtime friend.  "Sorry, I just don't remember anybody called Wil Threadgill."


Teaser...

"You sound awfully sure," I said.  "Who is the guy you believe might want to harm Wil Threadgill?"

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Charlie and Diesel must catch a killer before he strikes another deadly note in this latest installment of the New York Times bestselling Cat in the Stacks Mysteries.

Charlie Harris remembers Wilfred “Wil” Threadgill as one of the outsiders during high school in Athena. Although Wil was a couple of years ahead of him and his friend Melba Gilley, Melba had a big crush on Wil, who dropped out after his junior year. An aspiring musician, Wil hit the road for California and never looked back. Wil eventually became a star, fronting a band and writing award-winning songs.

Coming back to Athena to work for two weeks with students in the college music department, Wil is now the big man on campus. Not everyone is happy to have him back, however. His entourage have been the target of several acts of petty harassment. At first they are easy for Wil to shrug off, but the incidents escalate and become more troubling. When one of the band members is killed Charlie worries that Melba, now deeply involved with the man at the center of the attacks, could be in deadly danger. It is up to Charlie and Diesel to find out who hates Wil Threadgill enough to silence his song . . . forever!


What do you think? Would you keep reading?




5 comments:

  1. Ooh nice teaser! Very mysterious! Hope you enjoy the rest!


    Thanks for visiting my Teaser post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm starting this one soon and am so looking forward to it! Any scene with Melba in it is going to be entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun, and I love the cat on the cover! Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If i had time to add more books to my stack, i'd certainly be interested.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.