Friday, June 23, 2023

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56 - June 23rd




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.





I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader


I enjoyed the prequel of this series and I've been wanting to read the first book in the series.  It looks good.  I hope to get to it soon.







First Chapter

Memories flooded my mind as I unlocked the heavy steel door at the back of the kitchen and flipped on the light switch.  I couldn't believe that after twenty years I was back in Grand Arbor and back in my parents' cafe.

From Chapter 56% on my e-reader... 

Vi and I spent Saturday morning at the cafe brainstorming our new internet cheesecake venture.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

All Olivia Faulkner wanted when she left Chicago and returned to her childhood home in Grand Arbor was a fresh start and a safer life for her daughter, Vi. But when a professor is murdered with a poisoned maple bacon pastry from her family café, Olivia Faulkner must dive deep into a murder investigation and solve the mystery.

With the help of her daughter, an old flame, and the nosy old ladies who stitch and gossip at the café, can she catch the real killer before gossip spreads through tiny Grand Arbor and her business is ruined?

What do you think?  What are you sharing today?



10 comments:

  1. Oh no. Murder by syrup and bacon. Eating out will never be the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun. Enjoy and happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I'm intrigued about this cheesecake internet venture! I hope you enjoy this one as much as the prequel. Did the prequel go into the memories Olivia has in the beginning? I'm curious now as you can see xD I hope you have a lovely weekend :)
    Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy cover! I am now craving maple syrup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a , you captured my attention with Maple Syrup. :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a fun book. Maple syrup is one of my two favorite foods on Earth (the other one being popcorn). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This does look good and a maple bacon pastry sounds pretty good - without the poison of course!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poisoning something with bacon in it is sacrilege. I'm sure justice was served, i hope so anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.