Sunday, June 18, 2023

The Weekend Review - June 17-19th





The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It's a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

If you'd like to participate with The Sunday Salon, it is now being hosted by Deb at Readerbuzz.

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading is a meme with a new host!  It's now being hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. This is where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between! This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!

I'm also linking to  Stacking The Shelves which is hosted by Reading Reality.

Hi Everyone!  

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!  I hope you all have a wonderful day.

I managed to finish two books this week.  Both were good.  I haven't been watching much of anything, but Black Mirror and Strange New Worlds started this week.  We watched the first episode of the new season of Black Mirror and it was really good.  We haven't watched the Star Trek show yet, but we will.

There's not much going on around here.  We seem to be in the rainy and humid season in Florida.  No real beach or pool days because part of the day is usually filled with thunderstorms.  

So, hopefully I can get more reading in!  What have you been up to?  I hope all is well with everyone.  Have a great week!



I'm currently reading...






I finished reading ...








These are the books I'm hoping to read for the rest of June.  Of course, knowing me I'll have some changes along the way. 






Here are this week's Kindle freebie haul. They were freebies when I got them, I don't know if they still are. Always make sure to check they are still free before buying. The prices change quickly.  




20 comments:

  1. I'm working on Hiss Me Deadly as well. Not as far into it as I would have liked, but it is nice to be back in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's quiet here too, but cold as it's winter. Havea great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got hit with a terrible heat wave this week. Highs in the upper nineties, but the temps feel like they are in the 110s.

    We broke down and got Paramount for Picard and now we are starting Strange New Worlds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a feeling it's going to get hot around here soon and I am not looking forward to it...lol.

    Have a great week and happy reading!
    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you enjoy your books and I echo your good wishes for all the dads out there:)). Have a great week, Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been curious about Black Mirror! I need to try it, and that new Star Trek show also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of these cozies look good! Have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are not having a heat wave yet, sorry about the thunderstorms. I am ready for some pool days! Have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I'll check out Black Mirror, I LOVED Twilight Zone whe I was growing up.

    We had a terrible thunderstorm here last night. It did cool things down for 1 & 1/2 minutes :) but the thunder and lightening was terrible and really scared my poor dog and 2 cats.

    I hope you have a great week and enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We will wait for the whole season to be released and then buy one month of Paramount Plus. :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. We live in the swamps of south Louisiana, and our weather is almost exactly like Florida weather, so i understand about staying indoors and reading.

    I hope you have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We've had several days of thunderstorms but luckily got a break so we could swim. Still better staying inside and reading. I've got Hiss Me Deadly coming up and am so looking forward to it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to start watching Black Mirror as soon as possible!

    Here’s my Sunday Post

    Please join the Book Photo Sundays and Cover Spotlight

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm also excited for the return of Black Mirror, now I just need to find a good evening to curl up for it! We're hopefully getting some thunderstorms this week as well, it's been hot and dry for weeks now. I hope you enjoy your new books and that you have a lovely week :)
    Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  15. It has been quiet here too. We could really use some rain though. Baseball on TV and review books are keeping me busy. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hiss Me Deadly was featured on another blog this week. I really should check out that series.

    Hope you have a great week.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2023/06/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-and_01517291915.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's been hot and dry here in Virginia, but I think the humidity (and hopefully some rain) is coming back this week.

    Jill
    http://www.allthebooksihaventread.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.