Friday, June 16, 2023

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56 - June 16th




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.





I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader


I'm hoping to read this novella soon.  It's part of a paranormal cozy mystery series that I've been enjoying.



First Chapter

"Paige?  Where are you?

I popped up from behind the counter, and Glo threw up her arms and let out an impressive horror-movie worthy scream.  I laughed at her actions, which only made it worse.  I bent over, held my gut, and laughed until I snorted.

From Chapter 56% on my e-reader... 

'We're simply dying to  know what you saw!" said Sebastian.  "Give us the dirt!"

Synopsis from Goodreads:

This club gets whooshed into a book. They become characters! To get out they must find the killer.

~ ~ ~

Whenever this group chooses a book, magic happens. The mystery comes to life, and they find themselves part of the story. To exit the book and get back home, they need to solve the mystery and reach The End.

This time, the club chooses a book set in a mansion atop the mountains of Arizona. They discover a strange antique oil lamp that contains a shocking surprise.

Could this enchanted lamp have something to do with their host’s fall from a door to nowhere? Or could he have been pushed out the door by one of the strange people who belong to the quirky group who live here?

This brave, crazy, motley group must work together to unravel the mystery in their latest inside-the-book journey.

This novella can be read as a standalone. It happens between books 4 and 5 in the Magical Mystery Book Club series.

What do you think?  What are you sharing today?



9 comments:

  1. The series seems like a lot of fun. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a crazy-sounding synopsis. Whooshed into a book? Wow. What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, they go into a book! What fun! I'd read it.

    I'm reading a good cozy mystery this week. Come see my first line!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Yvonne! As you know, I also read and love this series and will try to read this little novella over the weekend! Always fun with these guys around!

    Have a lovely weekend and I hope you get to read it too!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds different and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun cozy! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being whooshed into a book would be quite an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun premise! This looks like such a fun series.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have this series on my TBR. Every time I see these book covers I feel so happy! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.