Sunday, December 5, 2010

Last Exit in New Jersey by C.E. Grundler




Genre: Suspense, Thriller
Format: EBook
Publisher: Smashwords
Release Date: October 2010-12-05

Twenty year old Hazel Moran is on the run, but she’s not quite sure who she is on the run from or why. All she knows is that her best friend and cousin is missing and she and her father have received death threats. As her father desperately tries to protect his daughter, Hazel has a mind of her own and her first priority is to find her cousin.

She takes off on her own and meets up with some very unsavory characters including a young troubled man who falls in love with her. Unfortunately, Hazel’s not sure who she can trust and even the readers aren’t quite sure. One thing for certain, Hazel has to do whatever she can to save her family even if it means using the methods of her favorite detective featured in the books she loves so much.

This book kept me hooked from the start. The plot moved along at a steady pace and the characters were beautifully portrayed and came to life on each page. My head was spinning as I tried to figure out who were the good guys and who were the bad guys. This was no easy feat. More often than not, I turned out to be wrong. I love a book that gives me much to think about and keeps me on my toes.

There was a little mix of everything in this story from suspense, adventure, mystery, a dash of romance and a bit of black humor all tossed together to make one exciting book. C.E. Grundler is an author I’ll be looking for in the future. I’d love to read more from this author.



And...it gets Socrates' Great Book Alert Award





Last Exit in New Jersey on Smashwords

3 comments:

  1. Great review Yvonne, exciting.

    I have this one to read also, look forward to it even more now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so funny how everyone has a different opinion on a book. I read another review of this title where the blogger didn't even finish it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.