Monday, December 20, 2010

Simple Intent by Linda Sands




Genre: Legal Thriller
Publisher: Open Books
Release Date: August 2010
Format: EBook

Over thirty years ago Ray Bentley was tried and convicted of murder. He lost everything…his beautiful wife, their unborn child and his freedom. Sentenced to life in prison, Ray lived with the knowledge that he was innocent and had no way to prove it.

Now, in 2010, two young legal interns – Reilly and Sailor stumble upon some information that could clear Ray and give him his freedom. However, they quickly discover this is not an easy task. In fact, it’s dangerous and their own lives become threatened if they don’t give up their quest for the truth. What started out as a simple intent to help an innocent man, turns out to be a race to save their own lives.

This book has everything from crooked cops to mobsters to lawyers with their own agendas. This is a fast-paced thriller that keeps readers on their toes and hooked until the last page. There is plenty of action as well as a little romance tossed into one powerful and explosive story.

Linda Sands’ writing style is addictive. I wanted to keep reading and never put the book down. I hated to see this story come to an end. I’ll anxiously be awaiting Ms. Sands’ next book.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds good, a bit Grisham perhaps, I do like him

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Yvonne. You'll love the one my agent will be pitching in Ny in January!!
    It's called, 3 Women Walk into a Bar.
    All best, Linda Sands

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds intriguing! Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love legal thrillers so this one sounds like I need to add it to my reading list!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.