Saturday, December 11, 2010

A to Z Reading Challenge




I've been waiting for the 2011 announcement of this challenge to be posted. I've joined it for the past two years. Although I haven't completed it yet, I want to try again in 2011. If you want to join in, sign up at A to Z Challenge.

Here's the info...

How does this reading challenge work? Choose the option that works best for you...

Authors -- Read alphabetically by author. Commit to 26 books.
Titles -- Read alphabetically by title. Commit to 26 books.
Authors & Titles -- Commit to reading 52 books


How strict is the 26 or 52? I know it isn't always easy to find those difficult letters. The thought of finding the X's (for example) might scare folks away. It shouldn't! I'm a merciful host! (Ask anyone!)

If you want to give the X's a go... For authors, try to find an X in the first name, middle name, or last name. For titles, it doesn't have to be the starting word. Try to find an X somewhere in a title, and it'd count in my book.

Still can't find a book for the letter you need? I'll take your word for it. I've been there. I know. If your library doesn't see the need to order books just because it starts with an X, then I don't blame you for not wanting to special order a book that you may or may not enjoy. You gave it your best, don't feel bad. You can still make this challenge work for you.

For ideas on what to read, check out these former challenge sites: year one,year two, year three.


I like the alphabetical titles choice. I'll list my books here...

A. Anasazi Intriuge by Linda Weaver Clarke Click for review
B. Bloated Goat by Manley Peterson Click for review
C. Capable of Murder by Brian Kavanagh Click for review
D. Dewey Nine Lives by Vicki Myron Click for review
E. The Embroidered Corpse by Brian Kavanagh Click for review
F. Fatal Embrace by Aris Whittier Click for review
G. The Gingerbread Bump-off by Livia J. Washburn click for review
H. How Sweet It Is by Sophie Gunn Click for review
I. The Innocent by Vincent Zandri Click for review
J.
K. Kiss the Girls by James Patterson Click for review
L. The Last Darling by Cloud Buchholz Click for review
M. Mayan Intrigue by Linda Weaver Clarke Click for review
N.
O. Opal Fire by Barbra Annino Click for review
P.
Q.
R. The Road by Cormac McCarthy Click for review
S. Soul Sacrifice by Leanore Elliot Click for review
T. Touchdowns & Potions by Markee Anderson Click for review
U. The Undertaker by William F. Brown Click for review
V. Vestal Virgin by Suzanne Tyrpak Click for review
W. The Wishing Hour by Jewel Adams Click for review
X.
Y. You Can Be Happy No Matter What by Richard Carlson Click for review
Z.

2 comments:

  1. I love this challenge too. I completed it this year, with a little creativity with the titles and author's name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound like a great challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.