Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sunday Salon - Just Rambling On...



If you'd like to participate with The Sunday Salon, just click the button above.

I spent this weekend trying to reorganize my blog. I was a bit tired of the old look and I decided to try something different. I've also been playing with all the neat little gadgets on Blogspot and added some tabs above to show what 2011 reading challenges I joined and am hosting.

So far I joined 7 and am hosting 5 (3 will be ending in the middle of the year). That's really not that bad and I think I'm going to pick up 2 or 3 more that I've been contemplating. I joined much more last year and that was really silly because I knew I was having surgery at the beginning of the year and would be in no mood for challenges. As it turned out, I didn't even feel like reading anything for the first couple of months of the year. So, that explains why I didn't do nearly as well in 2010 as I did in 2009.

Anyway, 2011 is a new start and I'm really getting excited about all the great reading I'm planning (although nothing ever really goes as planned and I'm prepared for that too.)

As for reading, I only finished one book this week, Snowbound Seduction by Helen Brooks. I did complete one of my challenges from 2010 - Read Your Own Book. I didn't realize I only needed one more book to finish it.

I spent so much time redecorating my blog yesterday that I neglected my reading, so I will try and get some reading time in today. I also want to watch the movie Sunday at Tiffanys. I recorded it from the Lifetime channel and it's based on the James Patterson book, which I loved. It's always a bit tricky with books and movies. Generally, I enjoy the book more, but we'll see.

Tonight is the season finale of Survivor and I'm looking forward to that. Last night I watched the season finale of season 3 of True Blood. HBO reran it, so I finally had a chance to watch and loved it. I can't wait for season 4, but I think it's a long way off. To tide me over, I'm going to get back to the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. I'm up to book 3 and I'm going to head over to the library this afternoon and get the audio version. That should be fun to listen when I go to work.

We were supposed to have a major snow storm today, but we lucked out. It's cold, but no snow.

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Have a great week!

funny pictures-But...
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

5 comments:

  1. Love the new look, Yvonne. The orange colors are so warm. And I'm glad to see I am not the only blogger out there obsessed with reading challenges.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new look, the blog feels warm and inviting :) And tabs are so handy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the new look! I've never figured out how to add tabs on Blogger...but now most of my blogs are on Word Press.

    I'm going next to check out your challenges. I've only signed up for two so far.

    Here's my salon:

    (click on my name)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie - Thanks. You definitely aren't the only one obsessed by the challenges.

    Blodeuedd - Thanks. I love the tabs. I can't believe I didn't play with all these gadgets sooner.

    Laurel-Rain - Thanks. Beware of the challenges though. They are like potato chips - you can't stop at one. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new design is wonderful, Yvonne. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.