Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sunday Salon - Where did the year go?



If you'd like to participate with The Sunday Salon, just click the button above.

I can't believe it's already the middle of December. Time more than flies, it speeds right by. I feel like it wasn't all that long ago we were wrapping up 2009. I'm already starting to get ready for 2011. I joined a few more challenges and I'm hosting another new one.

Here's an update on my 2011 challenges...

I'm hosting...

The 2011 Harlequin/Silhouette Reading Challenge
Cruisin' thru the Cozies Reading Challenge

And these challenges I host are continuing into part of 2011...

James Patterson Reading Challenge
Alex Cross Reading Challenge
What an Animal III Challenge

These are hosted by other bloggers and I signed up for them...

What's in a Name 4
Nicholas Sparks Reading Challenge
A to Z Reading Challenge
2011 Show Me the Free Reading Challenge
2011 E-Book Challenge

That's not really too terrible and there are a couple I'm thinking about. I signed up for many more the past two years.

As for reading this week, I finished one audio book Learn to Relax by C. Eugene Walker. I listened to this on my way to and from work. It was okay, but basically these type of self-help stress relievers don't really say anything that isn't common sense. Best way for me to relax is sinking my teeth into a good book.

The second book I finished was an ebook Take the Monkeys and Run by Karen Cantwell. I just posted my review of it and it was wonderful. It reminds me so much of the early Janet Evanovich Stephanie Plum books that I loved so much. I hope this author writes more. This was the first of a series.

Now, I'm going for something light and holidayish...a Harlequin Presents that is perfect for the holidays. I try to squeeze in holiday books between reviews.

It's so cold that I just want to stay inside and read. If I'm cold now, I can't imagine what it's going to be like when winter officially arrives. I hope everyone has a great week!


funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

8 comments:

  1. You have an ambitious 2011 in terms of reading challenges--wow and good luck! Another great cat photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking of getting some M&Bs and Harlequins to end the year!

    Here is my Sunday Salon post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those LOL cats are great!

    As for challenges, I've only signed up for one so far. Last year, I did fairly well, but had far too many...plus, I had my challenges all over the place at my various blogs (you know I have many!); this year, everything will be on separate pages at my Curl up and Read blog.

    I remember Harlequin romances...they were fun. For awhile, back in the eighties, I also recall movies that were Harlequin romances (on VHS). Wonder if they still have those, but on DVD?

    Here's my salon:

    (click my name)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really should sign up for at least one challenge..one, hm, must look around.
    Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie - I couldn't resist seeing a cat reading Cat Crimes. LOL

    Suko - It's not really as bad as it looks since alot of reading challenges overlap.

    gautami tripathy - I'm trying to do the same thing, but I keep getting distracted with other books.

    Laurel-Rain - I remember those movies. They have everything on DVD these days so I wouldn't be surprised to see those around too. With the challenges, I had twice as many last year so I've really cut down even if it doesn't look like it. LOL

    Blodeuedd - Yeah, I said just one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the challenges. I can't believe how fast time goes by either. Seems like it's the beginning of the year and before you know it, it's over. Enjoy your light read. I'm going to tackle some historical fiction soon - a comfort read for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dont know where the year went either! Time flies.
    Good luck with your challenges.
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.