Saturday, November 2, 2013

2014 Finishing the Series Reading Challenge



Welcome to the 2014 edition of Finishing the Series Reading Challenge. I was a failure last year. I was supposed to complete two series, but I only completed one. That's okay, I'll just try again.

This is a challenge for all those series books you started at some point and haven't finished. I know I'll start a series and read the first book, then get distracted with other books and never get back to the series. Before I know it, the series has 10 books - I get overwhelmed and don't go back to it. Now, I want to finish a couple.

Here are the rules guidelines.

1) All books that are part of a continuing series qualify (i.e. Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove, Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum, James Patterson's Alex Cross, etc. etc.)

2) It doesn't matter if you have 1 or 10 books in a series to complete it, it qualifies (i.e. if you only need to read one more Sookie Stackhouse book to complete the goal, that's fine) The goal is to complete a series from wherever you are up to until the last published book.

3) The qualification period is January 1, 2014 to December 31, 2014. Books must be read during this time frame to count.

4) Take the button above and post about it. Use the Mr. Linky below to sign up and make sure you link it directly to your post about this challenge.

5) If you don't have a blog, that's fine. Just leave a comment to sign up and tell us what you are reading. Or you can join my Goodreads group for this challenge by clicking here.

IF YOU WANT TO LINK UP YOUR REVIEWS OR, FOR THOSE WITHOUT A BLOG, LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW.

6) Any format of book counts - audio, ebook, etc.

7) You should choose the series you want to finish before the challenge begins, but it isn't necessary. It's fine to change series during the year - as long as you complete whichever series it is.

8) Choose a level....

Level 1 - Complete 1 series.
Level 2 - Complete 2 series.
Level 3 - Complete 3 or more series.

I'm going to try for Level 2 again. These are the series I want to complete ...

Cedar Cove by Debbie Macomber:
Need to read:
1. 1105 Yakima Street
2. 1225 Christmas Tree Lane

Women's Murder Club by James Patterson:
Need to read:
1. 10th Anniversary
2. 11th Hour
3. 12th of Never
4. Unlucky 13


Sign up link...Please put in the link that goes directly to your post about this challenge and not to your main blog page.



Completed reviews link...



Wrap up posts link...






34 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm signing up again for next year. I finished more series this year than I though and would and even started some I hadn't originally planned. I'm gong to try to finish one more before the year is over. I'm signing up for Level 3 for 2014. I was planning to start "Women's Murder Club" this year but haven't gotten to it, so that's definitely one for next year. And I bought all the "Shadow Falls" books, so there's another. Will decide on more later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! It kind of obligate us to read the books we have on hold... Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have actually finished the coupe of books I had to do for this. As soon as I finish my exams I will do my reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Yes, as long as it's read between 1/1/14 and 12/31/14.

      Delete
  6. This is a great idea!=D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm actually trying to wrap several series by the end of this year but I still have several more to work on. I'll wait to post my signup post until I see how I do with the ones I'm trying to finish now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yvonne, yours is the only challenge I'm signing on for 2014. I have several series to finish and will post my challenge page soon. I'll link up when it's up. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a few book series I'd like to finish .

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in! I didn't see a linky, so here's my link:

    http://anastaciareviews.blogspot.com/2013/12/2014-challenges.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like fun and I have several series that I'd like to finish this year, I'm hoping for 3 or more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was a total failure with the 2013 Challenge, so I'm trying again in 2014. Thanks so much for hosting again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm going to finish Level 1 (one series). If my book reading goes really well, I may bump myself up. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm tentatively jumping back in the challenge world with this challenge. I made it easy on myself so I don't fail :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm signing up for this challenge again this year. I am so close to finishing James Patterson's Alex Cross series. So I will challenge myself to complete that series in 2014 as well as Tananarive Due's African Immortals Series.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I came very close to but did not finish James Patterson's Alex Cross series in 2013. I plan to finish both the Alex Cross Series and the African Immortals Series by Tananarive Due in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I didn't do so well last year - finished one series but then a new book came out and didn't get to read that one before the year was over. Hopefully this coming year will be much better. :-) Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I signed up on Goodreads. :) I will work on a blog post soon, feel free to kick me if I haven't posted it soon lol.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm setting my goal to finish two series this year. I hope to complete that goal since I didn't finish very many last year.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Definitely doing this and intend to finish........Happy New 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  21. it would be awesome if you added this challenge to the challenge directory on book blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean the directory on Pinterest? It's already on that one and it's on the blog A Novel Challenge.

      Delete
  22. Thanks for hosting again, Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete
  23. For this challenge I'm just counting the books that finish the series completely for me. I will only be linking up those books because I have another challenge that counts all the series books. Thanks for hosting. Month 1 complete.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I read my first series (Avery Aames' Cheese Shop Mysteries) back in January, and unfortunately did not do reviews at that time. Now I'm going to have to read at least some of them over in order to be able to write competent reviews and keep the details straight.

    I have, however, linked up my Publicist series by Christina George. (#31/32 on the review linky)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Are you going to do this next year? I think now it's too late to sign in
    Love, Blair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't decided about next year yet. I'll probably decide around November.

      Delete
  26. Thanks for hosting. I had fun and am planning to go again for 2015. It's time to start collecting buttons for my sign-up post!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm finished with this one now. Looking forward to next year.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Just posted my wrap-up link. I forgot to link most of my reviews but I'll leave the challenge page where all books link to reviews/ratings up on my blog for a while.
    Thanks for hosting, Yvonne. Next year I may just join through the Goodreads group. Still thinking about that.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I posted my wrap up link. I finished quite a few series this year. Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I finished seven series with this challenge. Thank you for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.