Saturday, November 2, 2013
Cruisin' Thru the Cozies Reading Challenge 2014
Welcome to the fourth annual Cruisin' thru the Cozies Reading Challenge! I'm still loving the cozies and this is one of the few challenges I plan to continue hosting.
To find out exactly what a cozy mystery is, check out Cozy-Mystery.com. This site is dedicated to cozy mysteries and does a great job of defining them as well as giving a list of cozy mysteries. This challenge is NOT restricted to what is on their list, it's just to be used as a guideline in case you need some hints on what to read.
So, here are the rules...
1. Choose the level you wish to participate:
Level 1 - Snoop - Read at least 6 books
Level 2 - Investigator - Read 7-12 books
Level 3 - Super Sleuth - Read 13 or more books
****AMENDED: LEVEL 3 - SUPER SLEUTH - READ 13-20 BOOKS
LEVEL 4 - Sleuth Extraordinaire - Read 20 or more
2. The challenge runs from January 1, 2014 and ends December 31, 2014.
3. You don't have to choose your books in advance. If you do, you can change your list at any time during the year. Books can overlap with other challenges.
4. Books can be in any format - paper, audio, ebooks...it all counts!
5. You don't have to post a review, but I'm sure others would love to know about the books you are reading and may even want to add it to their reading lists.
NOTE: If you don't have a blog and want to participate, that's fine. You don't have to have a blog, just post in the comments section as you finish books. If you belong to a site like Goodreads and review the books there, that's fine too. Just leave us the link. I also have a group for this challenge on Goodreads and you can sign up by clicking here.
6. Take the button above, put it on your blog and post about the challenge. Then add your name to Mr. Linky below. Please use the link of your challenge post, not the link to your home page.
7. I'm going to have one link for signing up, one link for completed reviews and one link for your wrap up posts. I won't be having a monthly link, just one for all reviews read for this challenge.
Sign up link...
Completed reviews link (all books must be read after 1/1/14).
Wrap up challenge posts link
As for me, I will be going to level 2 this year and will list my reads here...
1. Paws for Murder by Annie Knox (Click here for review.)
2. Don't Cry Over Killed Milk by Stephen Kaminski (Click here for review.)
3. Playing with Fire by J.J. Cook (Click here for review.)
4. Lending A Paw by Laurie Cass (Click here for review.)
5. A Tale of Two Biddies by Kylie Logan (Click here for review.)
6. A Tough Nut to Kill by Elizabeth Lee (Click here to read review.)
7. Murder with Ganache by Lucy Burdette (Click here to read review.)
8. Limoncello Yellow by Traci Andrighetti (Click here for review.)
9. Tax Cut by Michele Lynn Seigfried (Click here for review.)
10. Murder at Cold Creek College by Christa Nardi (Click here for review.)
11. Pearls and Poison by Duffy Brown (Click here to read review.)
12. Iced to Death by Peg Cochran (Click here to read review.)