Monday, November 25, 2013

Review: Catnapped by Patricia Fry


Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
Matilija Press

Release Date:
June 2013


Savannah Jordan leaves Los Angeles, and her job as a vet technician, behind when her Aunt Margaret needs help after breaking her foot. Savannah takes her beautiful gray and white cat, Ragsdale, with her. Of course Rags starts trouble right away, especially with his problem – he’s a klepto cat. He steals anything and everything, including Aunt Margaret’s underwear.

She never expects to be thrown into the middle of a mystery but when beloved neighborhood cats are stolen right from their homes, Savannah and Margaret are right in the middle of the investigation. Not only are the cats in danger, but Margaret receives threats against her, too.

With the help of the entire town, they set out to save these cats and return them to their rightful owners.

Savannah also finds herself smitten with the local vet, Michael. As the two of them get closer and closer, they realize that their relationship will be difficult once Savannah goes back to LA. Neither one wants a long distance romance.

This is a sweet mystery and romance all rolled up into one story. Of course any story with lots of cats gets my attention and there were many in this one. The cover alone had me and I’m not usually one to fall for a cover alone.

It’s the first book in the “A Klepto Cat Mystery” series and it’s off to a great start. A cat that steals? Too cute. The story is well-written and fast-paced. The characters are well developed and realistic. There are some realistic situations, but they aren’t graphic and they aren’t dwelled on too much. It’s all done very tastefully.

I’m looking forward to reading book #2, Cat-Eye Witness. I can’t wait to catch up with these characters again.




Disclosure: I bought this one for my own collection. All opinions expressed are my own.


3 comments:

  1. This looks and sounds like an adorable cozy. The idea of a cat who steals is rather funny! Terrific review, Yvonne! I imagine this series is best read with a cat and cup of tea at your side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sound of this one...and such a cute premise. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.