Monday, November 18, 2013

2014 Foodies Reading Challenge


This was one of the challenges I completed in 2013. I was hoping it would be back for 2014. It's hosted by I'd Rather Be At The Beach



Here's the details...

If you are new to a food/reading challenge, you may be wondering – what is a “food book”? A food book is a book which is centered around food and/or drinks. That could be a cookbook, a food biography or memoir, a non-fiction book focused around a specific food, wine, chef or restaurant, or a fictional story in which food plays a major role.

Here’s how the challenge works:
1. Decide how many food books you want to read in 2014.
Pick one of the reading levels below:

Levels:
Short-Order Cook: 1 to 3 books
Pastry Chef: 4 to 8 books
Sous-Chef: 9 to 13 books
Chef de Cuisine: 14 to 18
Cordon-Bleu Chef: More than 19

Last year I did 3 books. This year, I'm going for the Pastry Chef level with 4-8 books. I will list them throughout the year here...

1. A Tough Nut to Kill by Elizabeth Lee (Click here to read review.)

2. Murder with Ganache by Lucy Burdette (Click here to read review.)

3. Iced to Death by Peg Cochran (Click here to read review.)

4.  Death on Eat Street by J.J. Cook (Click here for review.)

5.  The Pickled Piper by Mary Ellen Hughes (Click here for review.)

6.  Muffin But Murder by Victoria Hamilton (Click here for review.)

7.  Bitter Chocolate by Dawn Greenfield Ireland (Click here for review.)

8.  Well Read, Then Dead by Terrie Farley Moran (Click here for review.)



1 comment:

  1. So glad you're joining again Yvonne!

    This year has been rough on our family and I haven't commented on the reviews for the challenge like I'd wanted to, but hope to do better in 2014.

    Can't wait to see what books you choose!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.