Saturday, September 20, 2014

Review: The Missing Heir by Linda Weaver Clarke


Genre:
Mystery, Romance

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
Createspace

Release Date:
September 2014








Amelia Moore, the owner of the Moore Detective Agency, is hired for a mission that touches her heart - saving an orphanage in Mexico. When Dell Murphy passes away and leaves his fortune to his nephew, Neal Woods, Dell’s brother and sister are furious. Dell wanted his nephew to continue his work with the orphanage and use the money to keep it going but Dell’s siblings have ideas of their own.

Unfortunately, Neal has gone missing. Amelia is hired to find him and bring him back in time for the reading of the will. The terms of the will require Neal to be there in a certain time frame. Otherwise, everything will be lost to greed and the children will be the ones to suffer. Enlisting the help of her partner, Rick Bonito, the pair travel to Mexico and pray they can bring Neal back in time.

Of course nothing ever comes easy and their attempts to find Neal are continually thwarted. It becomes obvious that someone is trying to prevent them from finding Neal. Although it’s starting to feel as if all hope is lost, Amelia and Rick find that their own relationship seems to get stronger with each case.

This is the third book in the Amelia Moore Detective Agency series. I’ve enjoyed the previous ones very much and this is no exception. I almost feel as if I am watching episodes of a continuing TV series. I don’t think readers will be lost if they don’t read the books in order, but I think you’ll want to. It’s fun watching the character growth with each book.

The characters are quite likeable and the scenery is quite beautiful. It’s not a complicated mystery and there’s no gore or murders involved. It’s a simple case of finding a missing person, which is Amelia’s specialty. The romance between Amelia and Rick is very sweet. If you’re looking for sexual tension and lots of bloodshed, read a different book. This one isn’t for you. However, if you’re looking for a light mystery mixed with romance, you’ll really enjoy this one.

The first book in this series is probably my favorite, but this one held its own.





FTC Disclosure: The author provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed this cozy, Yvonne. I have a copy, too,just waiting for my attention. Lovely, concise review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a good series. I have this authors work on my Nook, I need to make time to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might have to try this series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great review! Thanks, Yvonne. Your opinion is so valuable since you're strictly a "mystery reader."

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.