Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter Tuesdays - September 2nd


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I'm reading...



The butterscotch tabby cat crouched in his soft-sided carrier in the strange room. His nose twitched. This place was full of the smell of fear. He hadn't eaten for two hours. Time for a decent meal. At least a snack. He clawed at the inside of the zipper. The top flap budged a bit. After he silently worked at it for a few more minutes, the flap opened far enough. Purring, he sprang out.


Charity Oliver jumped up from the plastic chair in the examining room and caught her cat. "Quincy! How did you escape?" She stroked him and he twisted his head to lick her hand.

"Here, let me, Ms. Oliver." Nice deep, rumbly voice, she thought. The veterinarian took the cat from her. His strong hands were warm. He cuddled Quincy, who began a steady purr.




So, what do you think? Would you continue reading?


14 comments:

  1. Fat Cat --- sign me up! Cute cover and an intro that would make me read on. Thanks Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious, like a cat! LOL I love a good cozy.
    Here is my teaser - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/09/02/teaser-tuesdays-79-an-apex-predator-novel-shark-station-nyet-by-carolyn-mccray/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already like Quincy. He couldn't be a troublemaker. Could he?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cover and nice beginning.

    My Tuesday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/09/first-chapter-first-paragraph-74-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Quincy sounds mischievous! And I love that excerpt and the cover. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine: “THIS IS WHERE I LEAVE YOU”

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! I enjoyed reading the excerpt from the cat's point of view. Sounds like a delightful story.
    My Tuesday post features The Gods of Second Chances.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I might be on the lookout for that series. We need more cat series. Too much focus on dogs, lol.

    Mine today is from a novella by Tolstoy.http://wp.me/pZnGI-ci

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not sure! Might be a fun one for a change of pace. Enjoy!
    Today I'm featuring The Girl Who Came Home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've just added a second cat to my household. He wasn't nearly that bold!

    Mine's at http://suziequint.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the idea of having both a cat and its owner narrating, must make for a couple of fun scenes! What stops me from embracing cats is that the whole species seems to dislike me, but maybe that'll change once upon a time! Thanks for sharing :) hope you have a great week!
    My Tuesday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd read it for sure.
    The cat on the cover reminds me of my old cat, Winston Churchill, or Church. He was a butterscotch tabby too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never been into cozy mysteries--I probably wouldn't read it but I hope you enjoy it. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good teaser! I have been wondering about , and this excerpt has convinced me to read it. My teaser is also from a cozy - A Little Night Murder, here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.