Saturday, April 25, 2015

Review: Agatha Raisin and the Murderous Marriage by M.C. Beaton


Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
Audio

Publisher:
Blackstone Audio, Inc.

Release Date:
February 2013




Agatha Raisin’s big day has finally arrived. She finally snared her man…she is about to marry her neighbor, James Lacey. All of her dreams are about to come true…until her legal husband, Jimmy Raisin shows up at the wedding ceremony. Agatha assumed he had drunk himself to death years ago, but instead he shows up to cause trouble. If nothing else, he stops her from committing bigamy.

However, James Lacey is more than a little disgusted and walks out on Agatha. He breaks off their engagement and wants nothing more to do with her. Agatha publicly threatens Jimmy. When the man turns up dead, all eyes turn in Agatha’s direction. The police are convinced that if Agatha didn’t do it, then James must have done the deed.

Agatha and James team up one more time to clear their names and find a killer. They end up finding more and more questions and they wonder exactly what Jimmy had gotten himself into. Agatha also wonders if James will ever forgive her and if there is still a chance for them to marry.

I’m speeding through this series. Audio is a great way to go through this series and I love the narrator. I’m warming up to Agatha more and more with each book, but she really makes some of the most stupid decisions. LOL You would think a successful career woman would be smarter than this.

The mystery isn’t very complicated, but it’s interesting to try and figure it all out with Agatha and James. I just wish I understood Agatha’s attraction to James. He seems like a cold fish to me and, yet, she’s obsessed with him. Then, again, she’s kind of a grump herself. Now that I think about it, maybe they are perfect together. LOL

I’m looking forward to my next trip to the small English Cotswold village.



For reading challenges:
I Love Library Books Reading Challenge 2015

Disclosure: I borrowed the audio version from the library. All opinions expressed are my own.


2 comments:

  1. I love Cozy Mysteries and M.C. Beaton is on my list of Author's to read. I enjoyed your review. I am visiting via The Sunday Post. I would love to join your meme as well.I am over at http://booksplurge.com
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.