Monday, April 6, 2015

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter Tuesdays - April 7th


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?

http://adailyrhythm.com/

If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I'm reading...




First chapter...

The convertible top was down, a crescent moon hung low over the marshlands, and the night sky was filled with a bazillion stars as I drove Walker Boone's precious red '57 Chevy toward Tybee Post. It was a perfect spring night except that my palms were sweating, my heart was rocketing around my chest, I shook so bad it was hard to keep the car on the road, and there were one, two, make that four police cars on my bumper, their red and blue lights flashing in my rearview mirror.

Teaser...

From page 20 of the paperback...

"You're kidding,right? You saw my Hello Kitty nightshirt. Not exactly come and get it, big boy lingerie."


So, what do you think? Would you continue reading?

13 comments:

  1. I generally like the intros from most all the cozies you post intros for, but for some reason this one doesn't work for me. Hope I'm wrong and you love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Police cars with flashing lights! What did she do? Sounds like a fun read.
    Today I'm featuring The Boston Girl by Anita Diamond.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that opening scene--I'd keep reading to find out what happens next.

    My Tuesday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2015/04/first-chapter-first-paragraph-101-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cozies and this one is on my reading challenge list!

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/04/07/teaser-tuesdays-109-the-publicist-by-christina-george/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cozies have the best titles. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can feel the character's tension and fear. And I want to know why the police are chasing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Normally, cozies aren't my thing, but I like this opening and the teaser. I might have to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving that cover and the intro - Happy reading! My Tuesday post is here https://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2015/04/07/first-chapter-first-paragraph-april-7/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the cover and the teaser. Not so sure about the first paragraph. Hoping you're enjoying it though. My teaser is from a memoir of a woman growing up in the American South Under Magnolia by Frances Mayes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha, I thought it was going to be an idyllic ride in an old 57 Chevy. (My dad had a 54 Chevy, but I always thought the 57s were sharp looking.) Then, uh, oh.

    My TT today: http://wp.me/pZnGI-ma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great intro... and I laughed at the teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is an attention getting intro. I'd keep reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.