Monday, April 13, 2015

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter Tuesdays - April 14th


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?

http://adailyrhythm.com/

If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I'm reading...




First chapter...

Elvis had left the building. I watched him make his way across the snow-packed front walk to my SUV, parked in the driveway. I opened the passenger door, and he dipped his dark head in acknowledgment before he disappeared inside. The cat - not the swivel-hipped singer-had been named after the King of Rock and Roll, and he'd pretty much trained everyone around him to cater to him like he was royalty, musical or otherwise.

Teaser...

"Do you think there's any way the town can force Lily to sell the bakery?" I asked.




So, what do you think? Would you continue reading?

21 comments:

  1. Where do you find all these cozy mystery books with such cute covers? I never seem to run into them at the stores.

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a delightful cozy - yes, I think I would keep reading! I may put this series on my TBR list.

    Here's my TT: http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/2015/04/teaser-tuesdays-april-14-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elvis sounds like quite a character!

    My Tuesday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2015/04/first-chapter-first-paragraph-102.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just featured this one in a cozy roundup. I love this kind of book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Cats have a way of doing that... enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I figured Elvis must be a cat. ;-) This sounds like it will be an entertaining read. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A cat named Elvis, that's a great name! Also, I think many cats consider themselves royalty anyway, aloof as they are. And why would anyone want to sell a bakery? I'd love a bakery! Not quite sure whether this is a read for me, but I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great week!
    My Tuesday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great name for a cat! I once had a cat named Cleopatra....after the Egyptian queen....and she thought she was royalty.

    I love the sound of this one...and the cover. Adore the covers of cozies.

    Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    Who do you think stole the baby on GH? Ava?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a cute cozy. I'm wondering why the town would want to force Lily to sell her bakery.
    My Tuesday post features AN UNHOLY ALLIANCE.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds cute! Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gotta love someone who would name a cat Elvis.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You had me at Elvis the cat. I'd keep reading! This looks like a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds really good, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2015/04/teaser-tuesday_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL
    You had me at Elvis... the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've found another great sounding cosy with a beautiful cover (and a cat!) Here is my Tuesday post https://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2015/04/14/first-chapter-first-paragraph-april-14/

    ReplyDelete
  16. This one has been on my radar but I haven't picked any up yet. I do love the teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Buy A Whisker. How can I resist such a cute cover and title.

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/04/14/teasers-tuesdays-110-shelf-life-the-publicist-book-two/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it all: the cover, the first paragraph and the teaser! You always pick the best books.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.