Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter Tuesdays - April 28th


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?

http://adailyrhythm.com/

If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


I will soon be starting...




First Chapter

"Don't do it, Bea. He's not worth it." Talia Marby clamped her hand firmly around her employer's wrist, preventing Bea from pitching a chunk of fresh haddock at the man on the opposite side of the counter.

"But that wanker won't leave us alone, Talia!" Bea spoke as if the man weren't standing six feet away, glowering at them. "He comes in here nearly every day to harangue me, and he's gone to the hospital twice to bother Howie. I won't have it!"



Teaser

Talia wrinkled her nose. "Bea, something's off." A bad feeling was beginning to nibble its way up her spine.



So, what do you think? Would you continue reading?

18 comments:

  1. Hmmm, not sure, but think I would read more. Hope u enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds mysterious. I am curios to know what is going to happen next. Here is mine
    http://totallyaddictedtoreading.blogspot.com/2015/04/teaser-tuesday-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to find out what happens next! Especially after the second teaser.


    Here is my Teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I don't have a good feeling about this situation! I definitely want to know what happens....thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds interesting. I'm wondering what the issue is with the man. I'm on the linky if you want to see what I'm teasing this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my this one sounds funny! I must put it on my TBR pile! :)

    Stormi
    Tuesday Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't read many cozies but I love their covers, titles, and fun blurbs. Enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What in the world does he want?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I left a bit perplexed, I would have to read more to really grasp what this scene is trying to capture; it's a great teaser no less! :)

    Claudia @ My Soul Called Life

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well that opening made me smile - thanks for sharing - here is my Tuesday post https://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2015/04/28/first-chapter-first-paragraph-april-28/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually laughed out loud about her throwing fish at the wanker so yes, I'd continue reading this. I'm a hopeless cozy addict. LOL

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/04/28/teaser-tuesdays-122-unlovely-by-celeste-conway/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks! I'm always up for checking out new mystery series, especially if there's humor.

    My TT this week is from the Sharon McCone series: Dead Midnight by Marcia Muller at http://wp.me/pZnGI-mW

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the UK setting! Sounds like a good cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the covers you post. That cat - it's looking right at me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would keep reading to see if she did it.

    My Intro

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds like an interesting book! My TT: http://candidcover.net/2015/04/28/teaser-tuesdays-2/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think I know who's going to be murdered! Fun beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This sounds very good. The cover is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.