Saturday, May 16, 2015

Review: Agatha Raisin and the Wizard of Evesham by M.C. Beaton


Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
Audio

Publisher:
Blackstone Audio, Inc.

Release Date:
March 2013







These books go so fast…this one is #8 and I’m already finished. Like the previous books, this one picks up right where the last one left off. This would really make a great TV series. Very similar to Murder, She Wrote.

Agatha is horrified to discover she has a few gray hairs. She tries to color to take care of it on her own but when her hair turns purple, she knows she needs professional help. She is referred to Mr. John, known as the Wizard of Evesham. Mr. John fixes her hair but he also seems quite taken with Agatha. Then, Mr. John suddenly dies and Agatha finds herself right in the middle of another murder mystery.

With her former fiancé, neighbor and fellow amateur sleuth, James Lacey, out of town, Agatha needs a new partner to help investigate. Her friend Charles Fraith is more than willing to help out. Together, they discover that Mr. John was not just a hairdresser. He also dabbled in blackmail. Agatha and Charles are hot on the trail to a killer.

This is another good entry into this series. With James out of town, I was spared from Agatha’s constant obsession with him. I’m sure it will be back in the next book but for this one I was saved. This is another quick book to listen to and doesn’t take me more than a week to complete any single book (only listening on my commute to work). I’m getting used to Agatha’s grouchiness and sometimes she does wear her heart on her sleeve. I’m off to see if the library has the next one in the series.



For reading challenges:
I Love Library Books Reading Challenge 2015

Disclosure: I borrowed this one from the library. All opinions expressed are my own.


3 comments:

  1. Purple hair, giggle. Her grouchiness hasn't gotten on your nerves yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read quite a few of these books a few years back - both in print and also listened to a few. Yes, her constant man-hunting obsession gets a little old. I did enjoy the humor though. Can't think where I left off in the series. Glad you're enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.