Monday, May 4, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday


This is my first time participating in this meme.  I've seen it around and never had a chance to participate.  It's hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  My first one happens to be a difficult one to answer, but here it goes...



What are the top ten books you will probably never read?


1.  Stephenie Meyer's Eclipse and Breaking Dawn - I read the first two books in the Twilight series and they really didn't grab me like it did everyone else.  So, I seriously doubt I'll be finishing this series.

2.  E.L. James' books from the Fifty Shades series (after #1) - I read the first one and had trouble finishing it (although I did read the whole thing) and am not interested in reading anymore.

3.  Political memoirs - Boring to me!

4.  Classics - I always say I'm going to read the classics, but I never have time for them.  I'm more of a modern day reader.  (Although Jane Austen still has a chance to be read by me.)

5.  Harry Potter Series - No interest in this series at all.

6.  Historicals - I keep saying I'm going to read an historical romance, but I never have time.  Like I said above, I'm more of a modern day reader and prefer the contemporaries.

7.  Young Adult - I've read a couple and they are "ok", but it's not really a genre that interests me very much.

8.  Biographies - Unless they are an auto-biography of a celebrity I like, I don't bother with biographies.

9.  The Walking Dead books - I absolutely love the series, but prefer not to read it.

10.  Outlander series - Now, this is a difficult one because I really, really want to read these books.  It's all about lack of time for me because these books are just so long.  I prefer books in the 250-350 page range and these books are in the 1000+ range.  It will take me forever to read them.


Okay, that's what I came up with for now.  What's on your list?

7 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your honest post, Yvonne! I am not sure which books would be on my own list. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not much into reading classics either. I actually did finish the Twilight series but I really can't remember much about them. I love Harry Potter but I know it's not everyone's cup of tea.

    Tina, The Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also don't plan on reading Harry Potter. I watched all the movies. but don't if the books are worth the time.
    Check out my Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are several things on your list that could appear on mine (if I had made it this week) too. However, I am a Harry fan. I've read Outlander twice and then just have never taken the time to move on in the series. Maybe on audio. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hear you on 50, never gonna happen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm happy to see you here this week for the first time at Top Ten! I agree with your list...good job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on Outlander. People keep telling me I need to read it and so many people love it but if I'm being really honest I don't really see myself picking it up anytime soon. I feel the same way as you about the rest of the 50 Shades trilogy and YA in general!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.