Tuesday, May 10, 2016

First Chapter Tuesdays/Teaser Tuesdays - May 10th


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


I read the first book in this series and loved it. I need to make time to continue it. Another cat-centric cozy mystery :) This is the second book in the series, don't you just love the way the cat has one eye open on the cover...




First chapter...

The winter morning air was clean and clear as glass - and sharp enough to cut like glass, too. But he didn't mind the cold. After all, he was rested, invigorated...and he had a good coat.

He inhaled deeply, closing his eyes against the dawn sunlight. It had been so wonderful this morning, waking up and finding himself lying in bed with Sunny, enjoying the shared body warmth, the closeness, the intoxicating smell of her. And when she'd sighed sleepily and put her arms around him...oh, yes, that had been wonderful.

Teaser....

Sunny placed the carrier on the exam table and opened the door. Shadow stepped out onto the metal surface, heading straight for Jane. He sat back on his haunches and extended his injured paw to the vet.

What do you think? Would you keep reading?

16 comments:

  1. Smart cat! I'm guessing this is a cozy mystery? I'd keep reading. The intro is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too read the first book in this series and really enjoyed it! I feel confident I would like this one too! My teaser this week can be found at: http://abookaddictsview.blogspot.com/2016/05/teaser-tuesday_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good. I like reading cozies. My teaser this week comes from Second Grave on the Left by Darynda Jones. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd definitely keep reading! I love the cover and the first paragraph is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Think the kitty would win over any critter lover. :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd keep reading - this looks delightful!
    My teaser/intro is from a classic this week: http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/2016/05/teaser-tuesdaysfirst-chapter-first.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the upbeat opening paragraphs. Such a nice change from what I usually read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a very cozy read (pun intended!). I love the opening scene.

    Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “THE CHILDREN”

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never read a book from a cat's point of view. Hope you like it. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds purr-fect, I would keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds interesting. I like the cover. I would keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think my cat would be that accommodating. LOL Looks like another fun cozy series for me.

    Here's my TT

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is always great when the first book in a series has you wanting to continue!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, I sure would. Anything with a cat on it works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww, sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the cover and the name, so I'd keep reading.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.