Monday, May 30, 2016

First Chapter Tuesdays/Teaser Tuesdays - May 31st


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I'm reading...




First chapter...

First Afternoon - Red Cross Knitting Class

"There, see? It's just not..." Agnes wound the black yarn around her knitting needles. The yarn slipped off the end, causing the stitch to fail.

A smile crossed Lilly Jingu's face as she took the needles from Agnes. "No, no. See? You've dropped another stitch. Like this. Knit two, purl one, knit two..." She handed back the knitted sock to Agnes. "You can do it. Our boys overseas deserve the best. You don't know how much they appreciate warm, dry socks."

Teaser....

"You, me and Ling-Ling. Just a house full of old maids. And, its fine for now. At least until the war is over. Maybe then..."


What do you think? Would you keep reading?

9 comments:

  1. I don't think this would be a "me" book but,hope you like it Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fitting book for Memorial Day! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This isn't my usual genre, but it looks like an amusing book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that cover, and I smiled at the knitting difficulties, as I had trouble with hanging in there, too.

    Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “TWO IF BY SEA”

    ReplyDelete
  5. From the cover and the first paragraph, I think this sounds like its going to be fun. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading books from this era! Sounds like a good one.
    My Tuesday post features REDNECK P.I.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Someday I would like to try my hand at knitting. I can't seem to master crocheting at all. :-( This sounds like it will be a good one. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like me when I try to knit:) I bet this is delightful:)

    My TT from Miss Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would fail at knitting too. Enjoy the book.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.