Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Waiting On Wednesday - May 4th



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This looks good and I've been wanting to try this author.




Synopsis from Goodreads...

A picturesque Maine beach town is the setting for Holly Chamberlin’s touching and thought-provoking new novel, as a mother struggles to reconnect with her long lost daughter...

Every year on March 26th, Verity Peterson visits Ogunquit Beach, where she puts a handwritten message into a bottle and launches it into the waves. It’s a ritual of remembrance for the daughter she hasn’t seen in sixteen years—not since her baby’s father, Alan, took two-month-old Gemma and disappeared. Verity keeps searching and hoping, sustained by the thought that someday she might get to be a mother to her own child. And finally, one phone call may change everything…

Verity learns that Alan is now in jail on abduction charges—and Marni Armstrong, born Gemma Peterson-Burns, is coming to live with Verity in Yorktide, Maine. But this isn’t the joyful reunion Verity imagined. Gemma has been raised to believe Verity was an unfit mother who left Alan no choice but to take her out of harm’s way. Over the course of one summer, Verity tries to reach a tough, wary young woman who’s more stranger than daughter. And Gemma must reexamine everything she thought about her parents—and decide whether to trust in a relationship that, though delicate as a seashell on the surface, could prove to be just as beautiful and resilient.

Publisher: Kensington

Release Date: June 2016


What books are you waiting for?

5 comments:

  1. I don't think this a book for me but I hope you'll get to read it soon once it releases! :)

    My WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this author, not sure this is my type of book. But I hope you can get ahold of it soon and that you love it!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is my kind of read...already I feel myself getting angry with that father for poisoning the child against her mother....Enjoy!

    Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an interesting book. Thanks so much for spotlighting it today!


    Happy Reading! Dani @ Paulette’s Papers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this on NetGalley and it is seriously tempting me. I have so many other books for June already that I'm trying to resist though. You get it and let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.