Tuesday, May 24, 2016

First Chapter Tuesdays/Teaser Tuesdays - May 24th


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I am featuring a book I'm listening to on audio in my car...




First chapter...

I momentarily forgot about the icy February rain when a light flashed in a dormer window of Mordecai Artemus's house. In the many years I'd lived in Old Town, I'd never seen an inside light on. But the glimmer didn't last long, and seconds later, I wondered if it could have been some kind of reflection. Droplets of water ran from my face down my neck. I shivered, huddled under my coat again, and hurried toward my home, thinking about poor old Mordecai.

Teaser....

A scream rose through my throat, drowned out by the shrill whistle of the kettle.

What do you think? Would you keep reading?

12 comments:

  1. That has possibilities, I'd try another chapter or so before deciding. Hope u like it Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover looks like a cozy, but the teaser sounds... scarier than I expected! I'd keep reading :D

    My teaser is from The End of the World Running Club

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like cozy, but really does sound a little scarier than you might expect. I'd give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Krista Davis -- so, yes, I'd keep reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah, I'd keep reading. And thanks for a new cozy series!

    My TT from Sister Dear

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds good. I've been into mysteries lately. My teaser comes from Whirlpool by Elizabeth Lowell. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I can imagine curling up tight while reading this one. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “BLOOD DEFENSE”

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the opening paragraph--the mood it sets. I would definitely keep reading, Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a cozy mystery I'd enjoy. I like the scream mixing with the tea kettle's whistle. Clever. The cover is cute too.
    My Tuesday post features HANGTOWN CREEK – A Tale of the California Gold Rush.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I sure would keep reading. Can't go wrong with a good cozy.
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I would need to know more, but it could be good.Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am interested enough to keep reading. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.