Friday, May 6, 2016

Spotlight: The Independent One by Cami Checketts

I am so thrilled to announce the release of The Independent One: A Billionaire Bride Pact Romance.


Find it on Amazon * Goodreads



Haley Turnbow escapes to the tropical Isla del Sol for an ideal vacation with her five-year old. She doesn’t plan on the resident ghost stalking her and the island’s fine-looking owner drawing her in with his confident, fun personality.

Cal Johnson is king of his own island, happy and busy. A beautiful mom and her wild little boy flip his world upside down. He falls in love with both of them knowing they’re going to leave at the end of their vacation and he might not recover from the loss.

Can these two independent adults trust their hearts or is it not worth the risk?


Excerpt:
A tall, well-built man swept in before Haley could reach Taz and easily lifted her boy into his arms. “Hey, bud, you’re not supposed to do flips on this staircase, that’s for the diving board.”
Taz laughed and Haley’s heart slowed a few beats. “Taz,” she cried out.
The man turned with her son and she noticed dimples and blue eyes, but she could only focus on her boy. Taz launched himself into her arms. Haley held him close, inhaling the baby lotion he kept claiming he was too old for. She took several long breaths as she tried to reassure herself he was okay. 
Their rescuer turned to the older couple. “Are you both all right?” he asked.
“Oh, sure,” the man said, his arm around his wife’s waist. They were a darling couple, dressed to the nines with her hair perfectly coiffed and his hair missing.
“Is the little boy okay?” the woman asked, patting her hair.
“I think so,” Haley said. “I’m so sorry he hit you.”
“No, dear, I’m just fine.”
Haley nodded, grateful for their graciousness. She checked Taz for injuries. He had some rug burns on his face and elbow, but thankfully only the one on his elbow was bleeding. “Oh, bud, you scared me! Do you hurt anywhere?”
“Nothing ‘cept my endbow.” Taz held up his arm for her to see. “Kiss it?”
Haley laughed shakily and kissed near the ouchy spot. “We’ll find you a Band-aid.”
“A Ninja Turtle one?” Taz’s dark eyes lit up. He covered himself in Ninja Turtle Band-aids quite regularly. 
The man with the dimples turned back to her as the older couple wished them well and headed down the hallway to the shops. He placed a warm hand on her back. “Ma’am, can I take him from you? You’re shaking like a belly dancer.”
Haley laughed, but clung tighter to Taz. This was her little man and she wasn’t about to hand him over to some stranger—she couldn’t resist looking the man over—no matter how intriguing the contrast between his dark hair and skin and his deep blue eyes. “I have specialized belly dancer training so it’s okay.”
His dimples deepened. “Nice.”
“Thank you for your help Mr…”
“Johnson.” He kept his arm on her back and wrapped his other hand around her elbow. His hands were strong and warm and she couldn’t help but notice how nicely he smelled, a great combination of musk and man. “Come up to my office so I can check both of you out.”
Haley bristled. The only men she let tell her what to do were her dad and her brother. Scratch that, the only men who ever tried to tell her what to do, but failed, were her dad and her brother. She shook him off. “Sorry, not going to some strange dude’s office and nobody needs to check me out.”
He laughed. “My apologies, ma’am, but I’ve already checked you out.” He pumped his eyebrows and she was struck by the fact that he was much too attractive and much too friendly. 

3 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.