Friday, May 20, 2016

Friendly Fill-Ins - May 20th




A brand new meme hosted by Ann at McGuffy's Reader and Ellen at 15andmeowing. Each week they will post four fill-in statements. This looks like fun.

Here are my answers...

WEEK 2: May 20, 2016

1. Everyone should read whatever makes them happy :)  I think we all need to read books that leave you with a warm and fuzzy feeling on occasion.  Not always, but sometimes we also need books with deeper meanings and that's fine.  I just think that  a lighter, happier read is good for you.  Of course the reader has to decide for themselves what genre is the one that puts a smile on their face.  For me, it's cozy mysteries and chick lit.

2. My first trip with my husband was a trip to California.  We drove from San Francisco to Los Angeles.  To this day - and we've been to many wonderful and exciting places - this remains the best of them all.

3. My favourite time of day is evening, because the work day is over and I can chill out and do the things I love and be with my cats (and hubby too!)

4. I think dreams are something we all need to keep us going.  Dreams don't always come true, but they give us something to strive for.

10 comments:

  1. I am glad you participated in the hop. I enjoy getting to know everyone better through their answers. I like how you added in the hubby after the cats :) I do that too. I feel the same way about dreams, I can't imagine how one would want to get up every day without them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answers! Isn't this hop fun? I'm glad that 15andmeaowing + McGuffy's Reader decided to host this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yvonne, these are great answers. My first trip with Bill was living in a van for three months, traveling around the U.S. as newlyweds. It will be 35 years of marriage in a couple of weeks. He is a blessing. Thanks for being a part of Friendly Fill-Ins. Hugs.
    Annie at ~McGuffy's Reader~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Long drives are a nice way to spend time with a loved one and reconnect. I loved my trip to San Fran (we flew). I'd sure like to go back someday.

    Val from My Virtual Vineyard

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think books help fuel our dreams. So funny that your hubs comes after the cats. If I was married it would be the same for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree about reading and how one needs to read what makes them happy. I also like good mystery stories and a chick flick type book. I love cats too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the way you think! I feel the same way about TV shows and movies that you do about books - we need to watch more happy and uplifting things, and also some serious thinking and learning things too. The sweetness of memories made together is what makes a place special, even if it's just in your own back yard! Your trip sounds so nice! I look forward to coming home to spend the evenings with Papa Bear too, I can't wait for 5 PM to arrive! Dreams and hope are tied together, if we have both all kinds of miracles can happen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Friday to all! I enjoyed reading your "friendly fill-ins". They are positive, and I can relate to them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love California and would like to go back. Relaxing at with your animals is the best part of a long day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.