Friday, May 27, 2016

Friendly Fill-Ins - May 27th




A brand new meme hosted by Ann at McGuffy's Reader and Ellen at 15andmeowing. Each week they will post four fill-in statements. This looks like fun.

Here are my answers...

WEEK 3: May 27, 2016

1. Whatever happened to being kind? It feels like people have become hurtful since there have been more ways to communicate with each other behind screens.  People feel free to say whatever is on their minds regardless of how nasty it might be.

2. I always think of our military men and women on Memorial Day.

3. I used to wish I could have been a nurse, but I now realize I'm too much of a hypochondriac for that. .

4. I just cannot win the lottery, no matter how hard I try.  I guess I could try a little harder by buying lottery tickets in the first place :)

6 comments:

  1. Totally agree with you about kindness... I never, ever wanted to be a nurse, because I didn't like patching up cuts, etc.... obviously, I had a very unrealistic view of what being a mom was about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you win the lottery, let us know how. *wink* I wonder about kindness, too. I just don't understand. I think it has to do with our fallen morals and values. Sad. thanks for being a part of Friendly Fill-Ins. Hugs.
    Annie at ~McGuffy's Reader~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining the friendly fill-ins I enjoyed your answers. I agree that people do say many hurtful things when hidden behind the computer or cell phone screen. Good luck on the lottery :) We only buy tickets when Powerball is really big which makes the odds even worse. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right that kindness is too underrated today! I am shocked at some of the unkind comments people leave on Facebook and blogs. If it's not kind, you don't need to say it at all! My daughter is a nurse, it's a very hard job! I rarely buy a lottery ticket, so I don't think I will win either, but I would certainly have fun with the money if I did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah screens can provide anonymity which makes it easier to be nasty, I think. Plus with the Internet just about anybody can weigh in on anything. :) And I hear you on the lottery!

    Fun meme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yvonne, thank you for your honest fill-ins. I hope you and your readers have a relaxing weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.