Thursday, December 7, 2023

Review: Sinister Sailing by Gwen Taylor and Jen Booker

 




About the Book


Genre
Cozy Mystery

Format 
E-Book

Publisher
Blue Castle Romances

Release Date
July 30, 2023


Synopsis from Goodreads:

It’s all fun and games until…

Blocked romance writer Mia Watson has booked a relaxing murder mystery cruise for her anniversary. All she wants is a little fun in the sun, a little puzzling out who killed the victim–and a lot of winning the grand prize for solving the murder mystery. Two whole weeks anywhere she wants to go.

What could possibly go wrong?

Mia’s sorry she ever asked when solving the murder leads to another mystery she can’t ignore. 

Now she can’t help but think she’s set sail for troubled waters and that nothing will ever be the same again…

Shove off on a funny, fast-paced adventure with amateur sleuth Mia Watson as she navigates dangerous waters and deadly mysteries aboard the SS Bella Blanca.

A clean cozy mystery series.

My Review

Mia Watson and her husband are celebrating their anniversary with a murder mystery cruise.  Mia is over-the-top excited, while her husband not so much.  She meets new people and gets totally absorbed into solving the murder.  Meanwhile, her husband doesn’t seem to want anything to do with it.

Although the murder mystery is staged for the cruise ship, it’s still fun trying to figure things out with Mia and her new friends.  There are a couple of real-life mysteries going on, although no dead bodies are involved.  

This is a short mystery that had me from the start.  I’m really enjoying cruise ship mysteries these days and this is the first in a series. The characters are well-written and the plot moves along at a fast pace.  There were a few surprises thrown into the mix as well.  It made for a great afternoon escape.

 I’ll be checking out the other books in the near future.  

This one is from my own e-book collection. All opinions expressed are my own.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure a murder mystery cruise would be my speed, but reading about one might be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks good and I love a cruise ship mystery!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.