Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunday Salon - Summer Reading



New York is sizzling with humidity and I spent my day relaxing with the a/c on high and doing my favorite thing - reading. I'm finishing up Elin Hilderbrand's "The Beach Club". I love to read books with a beach/summer theme during these months. I don't know why, I just do :) Hilderbrand is quickly becoming a favorite author of mine. This one is really good, although it took me some time to get into it. I should be done tonight and will have review in a day or two. This week I also finished "Naughty Neighbor" by Janet Evanovich and posted my review already. I'm not really sure what my next book will be, but I did start to listen to the audio version of James Patterson's "Along Came A Spider". I'll only be listening on my way to and from work, but already I'm hooked on his Alex Cross character.

I'm busy trying to work my way through the reading challenges I have left and I'm also contemplating hosting another challenge. I looked for one that is strictly for the romantic suspense genre (a favorite of mine), but didn't see anything. So, I'm thinking of doing that. I know, I know...why do I need more challenges? To help me get through my ever-growing TBR, of course :)

Hope you all have a great Sunday and a great week!

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

9 comments:

  1. A lolcat a week makes me a happy gal ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good day to me! I'm failing at all my reading challenges but that's not really a surprise. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same way: summer themes (only in summer). Holiday/winter themes (only in winter) LOL Have you read Nantucket Night by Hildernrand; that was a favorite for me.


    Love kitty with the margarita.

    hot and sticky here too; thank goodness for ac.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blodeuedd - I love the LOLcats too!

    Meghan - There are still alot of reading challenges that I won't be able to complete, but that's okay. I'm still having fun :)

    Naida - Thanks - When it's this hot, I just love sitting in the a/c and reading. LOL

    Diane - Yes, I did read Nantucket Nights. That's the one that first hooked me on Hilderbrand. Now, I'm reading everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oddly enough, summer is when I want to read about Antarctica and the like. What can I say? I'm an odd duck. But perhaps I'm trying to escape the sweltering heat and humidity here in the sunny south.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whatever helps to escape the heat can't be bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I joined some challenges as a way to get through my tbr, but I ended up adding to my tbr at a faster rate.
    Cute pic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely know what you mean, Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.