Monday, November 7, 2011

The Beautiful People Series by Cheril N. Clarke




Genre:
Erotic Fiction

Format:
EBook

Publisher:
Dodi Press

Release Date:
2011

Summary of these books come from the author’s website

In The Beautiful People: New Orleans, the first short story in a new series, Cheril N. Clarke introduces us to four intriguing characters who will propel the reader into a provocative world filled with sophisticated naughtiness. Nontraditional in its presentation, The Beautiful People follows a close group of friends who love to travel, meeting up in a different city every other month for a weekend of exploration, partying, and a much-needed break from the daily grind of their careers. From the city of New Orleans, this installment acquaints us with a high-end tailor with a disdain for the common man, a fashion photographer riding a narcotic seesaw, an accountant with a penchant for flirting and flings, and an haute entrepreneur who is struggling with secret desires of her own. The Beautiful People subtly pushes moral boundaries and challenges preconceived notions of perfection.


The Beautiful People: Las Vegas returns readers to the lives of four friends whose magnetic personalities and gorgeous good looks rivet our attention. Vanessa, now an entrepreneurial executive, reveals shadowed parts of her past and displays talents long ago abandoned; Yen Chu, desperately trying to navigate the waters of self-imposed sobriety, yearns to be disciplined, but doesn’t let that prevent her from arranging erotic adventures for her group; party boy Colin, on a quest to have the time of his life, ensures that everyone he meets will have the times of their lives as well; and Donovan, sometimes haughty, and always more conservative than the rest, allows himself to loosen up, and succumb to Sin City’s extravagant indulgences

My thoughts…

These were two good novellas that are quick and easy to read. In these short pages you learn quite a bit about the characters and you get a nice trip to New Orleans and Las Vegas at the same time. It’s an excellent way to spend a couple of hours. The author really makes you feel as if you are along for the ride.

I was a bit out of my preferred genre in reading these stories (I’m more of a suspense/mystery reader), but they were well- written and filled with quite a bit of action. For short novellas they do pack a lot of story in these pages, but I would have liked to see them last a bit longer.

The next stop is New York and I’m sure the group will have another intriguing journey. This is erotic fiction at its best.



FTC Disclosure: The author provided me with copies of these books to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.