Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sunday Salon - 2012 is Almost Here!



If you'd like to participate with The Sunday Salon, just click the button above.

I can't believe Thanksgiving is over already. To make it even stranger the temps in New York were in the mid-60's today and sunny. I'm not complaining, it was lovely but it sure doesn't feel like the holidays are here. That's fine with me since it feels like we were just getting ready to welcome 2011 and now it's over.

As the end of the year grows closer, my reading time seems to be lessening. I was doing so well but now I've hit a snag. I guess we all get these times when our reading drags us down, usually due to something going on in real life, whether it's the holidays, family stuff or just about anything else.

I've already read 91 books this year. Not sure if I'll make 100, but I'm going to make an effort to get there. I know I won't be finishing all my reading challenges, but that's alright. I had fun with them. Now, I'm having fun collecting my 2012 challenges. There are so many to chose from and I'm not nearly done selecting them :)

I'm still way behind on my reviews, but I do intend to eventually complete them - it will just take me more time than I thought.

I'm happy to announce the winner of The Gingerbread Bump-off by Livia J. Washburn book giveaway is Skeeter. I held this giveaway at my cozy blog Socrates' Cozy Cafe. Thanks to the generosity of Berkley, I will be holding more of these giveaways in the next few months.

I hope everyone has a great week!

funny pictures - WHY BILL GATES IS A BILLIONAIRE
see more Lolcats and funny pictures, and check out our Socially Awkward Penguin lolz!

6 comments:

  1. 100 books! That's alot of books to read in one year! I don't think I could do that. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. 91 books is great. I know what you mean, its hard to believe the new year is upon us. And yesterday it was actually warm outside!
    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been having a great time looking over the 2012 reading challenges too. There are a few of the 2011 ones that I will not complete.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, 2012 o_O So close now, and where did the year go?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to Livia on winning the book!

    I'm with you on the whole "where did 2011 go?" issue. I still can't believe it's almost over.

    I like your attitude about the challenges. They're supposed to be fun. That's how I'll take on the challenges for the New Year, too.

    Here's MY SUNDAY SALON POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always tend to slow down this time of year, so I've had to adjust my expectations each time. It's so easy to get worn out during the holidays.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.