Monday, November 21, 2011

Musing Mondays - New-to-Me Authors




If you'd like to play along on Musing Mondays, just click the button above to join in.


This week’s musing asks…

How do you decide to read a book by an author you haven’t read before? What sort of recommendations count most highly in making that decision?

My answer...

If I happen to read a review or recommendation from a fellow blogger that intrigues me, I'll give the author a try. Or if I see an advertisement or browse through the bookstore and read a cover blurb, I will try the author if it's a plot that interests me. Also, authors inquire about reviews, when they send me a blurb about their book and it looks like something I'd enjoy, I'll try it.

It's actually more about the storyline than the author for me.

funny pictures - iz not stalking... just               intently staring
see more Lolcats and funny pictures, and check out our Socially Awkward Penguin lolz!

5 comments:

  1. Agreed! It is more about the story than the author for me too.

    Here is my MM: http://palmtreesbarefeet.wordpress.com/2011/11/21/musing-monday-reading-new-authors/

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, the story overview is what makes me read a book more than anything else, as I tend to put a lot of faith in that.

    Hoping you have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cat is an absolute heartbreaker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with what you have said. I also sometimes buy a book because I love the cover art, and most of the time I have enjoyed those books also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get recommendations from Library Thing and always check the new book section at the library
    but fellow bloggers are probably my number one source of recommendations..like I need more books..lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.