Thursday, September 6, 2018

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56 - September 7th




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.






I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader.


I just started reading this one. This is from the E-ARC I'm reading...

.

Beginnings......

Flames licked at the wood of the whisky barrels piled high in the forecourt of the grand old house. We'd gathered as friends on the wide gravel drive of the Larches to burn away the troubles of the old year and start fresh with the new.

Friday 56...


From 6% on my Kindle...

War zones not a problem. A high-end woman's boutique - that struck terror in my heart.



6 comments:

  1. Interesting beginning, and I giggled at the 56! Sounds like a good read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a funny thought, your 6% quote. War zone easier than boutique. Ha! My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the scene in the opening lines...and the 56 was funny. Love the cover, too. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “GOOD LUCK WITH THAT”

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's funny sounds like a great read.I love the cover, lovely view etc and then I saw the broken window and the dead body... very intriguing!

    Here's my Friday post. Hope you're enjoying you're weekend! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.